Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey so im high and thinking.. can i give my plants bottled vitamins and minerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey so im high and thinking.. can i give my plants bottled vitamins and minerals

can i give my plants bottled vitamins and minerals that are for humans.. what if its plant based.. like bamboo extract for its silica or pills that have calcium iron vitamins and such is it possible to undo the capsule and pour the powder into my feed/water stir and feed it to my "veggies".. can plants uptake the calcium iron vitamins and whatever else is in multivitamins? maybe only if its plant based?

Save your vitamins for yourself. Your cannabis just needs NPK + micronutrients.

Comment

I tried desolveing calcium and magnesium pills and watered the mix in it dident hurt the plant dident help eather o well back to the drawing board. Lol

Comment

yeah the reason im asking is i was also wondering could plants take up human grade or plant based calcium, mag, iron, and other stuff like bamboo or horsetail extract for its silica in herbal form its pretty much ground up dried out Chinese medicine wouldnt plants be able to take that up if you made a tea or add it to your compost.. i know the hard green and brown stinky pills with coatings cant be good for plants but maybe the plant extracts the way the chinese make herbal medicines.

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Could b, a couple of years ago there was this grower that swore he grew great pot watering with cow milk??? Dident make sense to me, and dident work eather. Experimenting is the only way that we improve tho so good luck and don’t put anything out of reach.

watering down cow milk or skim milk oes work is a thing ppl actually do it has aot of calcium and minerals i have not tried it myself though i really wanna know or gonna try to see if my veggies can take up bamboo extract for its silica and growth hormones

Comment

Just don't feed it McDonalds food!!!

Comment

lol yeah stay away from mcdonalds i wouldnt even call it food!

Comment

I'd suggest doing some reading about plants and gardening. They are very different creatures from us and so have very different nutritional needs.

If you want to give them calcium and don't want to use cal-mag solution, you can buy a bag of powdered dolomite lime and mix that into the soil. In acid soil it will slowly dissolve and give off calcium and magnesium. No need for milk, which will just sour in the soil and smell bad! :P

Comment

Just a basic answer: Plants and animals uptake the same minerals, but need different forms. You will need soil with microbes in order to break down the minerals and nutrients into their available forms.

Long Answer: Plants are autotrophs (they make and create carbohydrates from raw minerals), Animals are heterotrophs (we need to eat carbohydrates, and break them down into usable minerals)
                The form of minerals to create carbohydrates in plants are inherently different (they drive different metabolic pathways) than the form of minerals that animals consume.

A plant can take dirt and water and make an apple. If you bury that apple into the ground, the plant doesn't use it (the microbes will have to break it down into usable ions).
                Conversely, animals cannot survive on dirt and water, we need to eat other plants and animals.
                So..... it will take a while for the soil environment to break down these ingredients so the plants can use them, that's why we have minerals already in plant usable form, that we can source from local stores/ farms.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Comment

yeah, so therefore any plant based (dried up plant/root/leaves) should be able to decompose and microbes will break it down and eat or give it to the plants and since its plant based wouldnt that help make the whole process of becoming plant food that much easier or viable.. im gonna defiately give it a try. i wouldnt bury a one a day multi vitamin nder my veggies but those chinese herbal medicines are basically plant extracts..

Comment

something like this for its silica like adding it to my super soil or a no till soil just like you would rock dust and kelp powder

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X