Help please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Help please??

Does anyone have any idea's what could be wrong?I'm 3 and a half weeks into flower about a week ago underneath started to go yellow and the tips and edges of the yellowing leaves are going brown and crispy this is only my second grow so I'm a real newbe so any suggestions would be appreciated.

How many weeks flowering? Are all the yellow leaves lower leaves that are not getting much light? Towards the middle to end of flowering lower leaves will start to turn yellow and die. Its a normal part of its cycle. They dont need them so they seem to maybe even canabilize them to put towards the flowers. I could have missed something but the top canapoy and lowers look fine.

Comment

It's 3 and a half weeks into flower the top canopy seems fine its just underneath that is going yellow I'm using a 300w cfl so the underneath isn't getting much light i imagine

Comment

The plant looks healthy to me. If it creeps into the top especially the suger leaves then thats different.

Comment

I've just checked and the sugar leaves are lashes and green,so do you think its not something to be worried about?

Comment

Im sure someone else will chime in. But it is very normal and nothing can be done to stop it. You look like your doing great from what i can see.

Comment

That's good to hear, thank you much appreciated

Comment

Are those just leaves that are completely shaded out? Are there any symptoms on leaves that receive light?

It is probably just shading as Redwasp suggests

I am curious about your nutrient levels though and how you are managing your fertigation/watering. You might be interested in my guide for Coco, link in signature.

Comment

Hi there campesino no there aren't any symptoms on the leaves on top that receive light that I can see and I use the gh flora trio + cal-mag and boost at 3 quarter strength, iI water run to waste every 3 days 1 feed 1 water and so on my ph is around 5.8,i will definitely have a read of your guide

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I will advise that you dramatically change your watering/fertigation practices. The difference in growth and development you will see if you follow my guide will blow you away!
                    Let me know if you have any questions!
                    Feel free to check out my plants in my current grow journal too!

I have just read your guide and it was very informative i will definately water more frequently thanks for taking the time to respond there was a lot i didn't know until I read it so thanx again

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem.
                    Be sure to read about EC (part 3 of the guide). If you add nutrients to all water (you should) then it is a really good idea to measure run-off ec.
                    BTW, I now fertigate my plants 4 times per day

I agree with the fellas. I use cfl also and they do tent to canibalize a lot due to poor penetration. I would increase the bloom nute for a couple of weeks at least those buds seem like they gonna get real fat. All looks wonderful you got a big hungry plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X