Nutrients for the first time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients for the first time grower

So i have read around alot and found out that i shouldnt go for advanced nutrients..

..From all my research I have come to a conclusion of the following nutes but not sure which to use as a first timer..

Shogun
    Advanced Nutrients
    Canna
    Biobizz
    Plant Magic
    Earth Juice
    Dutch Pro
    Hydrotops
    Bloom
    Mammoth P
    House and Gardens

I am going to be growing with the HLG 550 in a 4x4 (1.2mx1.2m) in soil.

I use the foxfarms trio with a cal/mag thrown in for support. So cant comment on those. There are many good ones and far more opinions on whats good than actual supplements found. Wait till you start asking about schedules, feeding autos, ec/ppm. Your in for a ride.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Emerald Harvest, and for a new grower, you cant find one any easier, than MegaCrop, a 1part nutrient. You can also get a free sample if you go to MegaCrops, website. The free sample is enough to grow a whole bunch of plants.
      Check out MegaCrop if you want a good and simple nutrient.
      GoodLuck and Welcome to GWE.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 05-17-2018, 08:56 AM.

When picking a nute line up you'll want to get them from a company that's been around awhile as opposed to newer companies. Established companies have tried and true products that are extensively tested by growers. They have different npk ratios so stick with only one line up. And depends what kind of medium you use. Here's what gwe recommends.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

I would highly recommend the botanicare line up they give you great results and are easy to use!
      1.5x3x5 virtual sun grow tent
      Oppolite 315 LEC
      4" 190 cft. Exhaust with carbon filter.
      1 candy kush express using general hydroponics and botanicare
      1 candy kush express using advanced nutriants iguana line.

Both will be using hydrogaurd and botanicare sweet.

Comment

The truth is that it's just fertilizer and there's not really much difference besides packaging and advertising, so just about anything on your list will do. Get a name-brand (I use GH) two- or three-bottle solution and a bottle of CalMag and you've got it covered. Then you can focus your attention (and money) on a big, bright light and good soil.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          I cant recommend anything more than better lights and more lights. Amazing what some serious upgrading of lights can do.

Has anyone heard of Snoops Premium Nutrients?

I got the HLG 550 sorted for lighting.

Comment

I would go with whichever product appeals to you most. There are so many choices and I agree with posters above that the difference in the result of your plant is largely determined by lighting, training and ventilation.
          QB

Comment

I can not say this enough. Best way to say it is imagine your plant as a new baby. Watch it. Learn it. Watch it non stop. Treat it as your new pet that needs lots of attention. Learn from it. Talk to it. If this makes you feel funny wrong hobby. They will return the favor 100 fold. Plants are no different than a new pet. You will learn what it wants. Each one is different but once you have it down you will be the happiest person you know.

Comment

And yes all mine have names.

Comment

I must agree with the Doc on this one, they are all exactly the same, only different. Just go with the one with the coolest picture on the label. Then when your plants start poppin buds all over the place you can tell everyone, "This shit is the best ever!"

Comment

Wait dont say use any thing. Lmao They may use Miracle Grow and kill all their plants. Lol

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
                    DoctorJohnson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I ran into a guy online who was using two versions of Miracle Gro (regular and their bloom formula) on cannabis and getting good results. It really is just fertilizer. I think one of the places where people get into trouble is continuing to use a high-nitrogen mix throughout the grow. (And of course plenty of people f**k up even using the premium stuff.)

• Redwasp
                    Redwasp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was kind of kidding. I should have said do not get a timed release fertilizer. Alot of miracle grow products are timed release.

So that being said just don't pick a timed release fertilizer for these plants. There are many they work great for. But they do not work well for these.

• RagWeedDWC
                    RagWeedDWC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have seriously entertained of growing 1 clone in a AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients (6 gal DWC) , just to see what happens. I start seeds and clone in a one using that mix and it works well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X