What to do in power outage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do in power outage?

I guess there's not much to do but give them water on s schedule. How long can they go without light? They're 3 week old autos on auto drip. Not much access to natural light. I suppose if I brought them outside I'd be asking for bugs and letting my neighbors in on the secret . Hope power comes on soon
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Generators are about the only option.

Comment

First get them any amount of light. They will live a very long time with light that is just barely visible. Being autos it will stunt there growth some if its out for days. They will need less water most likely. If it were photos in the veg mode really not much to worry about.
      In the future could get a generator. Or a better option solar with a nice battery backup system. Can run a full 1000watt hps setup 24 hours a day permanently for a few grand with no cost other than initial purchase and occasionally replacing the battery backup system.
      For now just get them any kind of light and water them appropriately.

Comment

When I opened the tent they had been in darkness for 18 hours .they were prespiring, droplets all over them .I was able to open some windows and get a little light. Should I put them in darkness at the regular time and take them out at regular time? Even if the light is just an LED lantern?

Handwatering them
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes!
          Any light you can get them during light hours. Maintain total darkness during normal dark hours.
          They'll just think its really cloudy!

Hope the power comes back soon!!

If they are autos or still in the veg state just leave the light on.

Comment

Worth noting here that this is where an electronic timer with a battery beats an old-fashioned clockwork one (one with the pins that you push in and pull out to set): a power outage in the middle of the day when you're away or at night when you're sleeping can go unnoticed by throw an old-fashioned clockwork timer off.

Comment

Thanks folks. I think I'm back on track. It was a good time to do some lst.
            complete beginner
            39" x 39" x 78" tent
            315 Watt CMH
            Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Cronk, I lost power for a week during hurricane Matthew (Oct. 2016). I was in around week 7 of flower; it was my first grow. I was told to remove most of the water from the reservoir so the roots wouldn't drown, and I opened the curtain during the day. When power came back on, I had a fantastic harvest a couple of weeks later. Where I live, the weather was still quite mild-- the temps were ok for the plants.

So I wouldn't worry about a brief power loss unless it's freezing outside! Give your girls what light you are able, explain the situation to them and assure them that the circumstances will return to normal very soon. This will help you all to feel less stressed--I don't know about you, but I was stressin too much when it happened, but that was cuz I didn't know any better yet. ;-}
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I have a cheep 100 watt inverter ($12.43). I plug it in my cars 12 volt aux plug attach a extension cord that leads to my tent. The device runs my air pump full power no problem. Parked in my private garage no ones the wiser. I guess you could use any 12v battery and do the same.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dontknownuttin; 05-17-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X