Is it mold or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Is it mold or not ?

Hey guys, first of all I've been reading a lot here but today I need help, so here's my first call for the community to provide me some little advice. I want to make you know aswell that I'm French, so please don't judge my spelling I know it's not perfect

So, I've been into a little issue with my Somango XL strain. It is under a SCROG at nearly 9week of bloom (F+59 today) but at 53 days of bloom after comming back from a week of holidays I can smell like a little moist in the grow tent.
    During my holidays I asked 2 of my friends to take care of it. They didn't had much to do except giving her some water without anything in it. So this smell wasn't there when I left and they couldn't do much damage in one week. I thought it was maybe the bamboo used to do the SCROG that could bring that smell, but it's not. So I've looked closer into buds, and I saw that le little buds that were a little bit hidden under the canopy was a little white and also the bottom of the big colas was having the same issue. It's true I had quit a few leaves and it may have blocked the air circulation so this may have cause the problem.

First reaction then was: Clear up a lot the canopy but cutting down the leaves for a better air circulation, added more temperature in the room where the grow tent is and cut down humidity as much as possible. During the bloom phase my humidity wasn't above 49% so I wonder if it's really mold. Maybe it's just a lack of light on the buds that caused them to turn à little bit light green/white. The pictures you'll see is my actual SCROG. Will be looking at the big colas on the bottom right. The close up photo is still the same big bottom right cola and in the red circle, that the light green color I was talking about, it doesn't smell this much, but it hasn't got a great face. So what do you think, am I facing a moist problem or is it just not enough air flow and light on these little fellers ?

I'll now write you down my entire installtion.

Black box: 60cm*60cm*140cm (0.36m²)

Light: P300 Platinum Grow Light. HID Replacement 400w HPS

Air: extracting 200m3/h with a 150m3/h air flow coming into the grow tent.

No air humidifier

A fan inside to move the air.

18L pot

Fertilizer: Plagron alga Grow and Bloom + Plagron (power roots, green sensation, royal sugar)

Thanks for your advices and sorry again for my spelling.
    Last edited by Bubblegun; 05-10-2018, 07:36 AM.

i think theres no problem at all, like you said, buds hiden in the shadow can look yellow and curled but theyre ok, the smell i wonder, could it be coming from the plant? ive had plants that smell damp and funky only during mid flowering but not at the end, the smell evolves with the flowering and ripeness so you could have a funky moldy smelling buds but no issues just the strain

Comment

Thanks for your answer 9finger !

For the smell coming from the plant I'm not really sure. Been doing the same strain but with 2 instead and didn't smell this way at the end. After the first try they were way smaller than this solo plant. So maybe this is due to fact that the buds are much bigger and so "breath" less ?

So for the moment I'll leave it like this no need to cut down some buds or anything then. All other growers I know who come and had a look told me that it was just me and that it was fine. Wanted extra advices but you all seem to say the same. Thanks
      Got a little week to do before the Harvest, we'll see once curred if it's ok or not. I'll do smaller buds next time !

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        keep growing big fat colas (: you can try different strains next time, thats always an adventure

White powdery mildew. You have stale air somewhere in your tent i had the same problem always started down low. I got 4 oscillating 6" monkey fans and put 4 in now i have a perfect sweep of air flow that over laps and is at different heights. You can combat it by defoliating the bottom leaves and leaving a bigger gap between bottom leaves and the Dirt because the dirt hold so much moisture and the moisture rises and is getting trapped in the canopy and cant go anywhere and ta da WMP. Get sm90 Spray it once and again in 3 days and clean your tent and fans also!

Comment

Morning Bubblegum, I don't see anything but some big. fat, juicy looking buds, my friend. Great job.
        If they were mine ,I would remove a few of those leaves, so those buds can get some more air movement on them, but they look nice to me.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks guys for all your advices.

Inuart88 I've been looking closely under a microscope and every thing and it doesn't seem like white powdery mildew. This fungus spread quickly no ? On my plant it didn't move at all
          on other leaves or colas it's pretty like the same as when I first saw it, so can we be sure it's not this ?

D.A.A.S.69 It reassure me a lot. I'll remove a little more leave then I think it's a good advice, thanks buddy !

Comment

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            WMP looks like a fluffy little cloud on your leaves.

Inuart88 A little close up to a light green place in buds, looks white I agree. But if I look at one of them under the little microscope the leave doesn't seem really weird. Hope it's not a little fungus..
          Attached Files

Comment

Bubblegun I think your right i looked through the picture i did not see any fuzzy white on stuff its pretty easy to spot trust me =D. You are lucking out my 3rd grow i had to fight it right at the end. Then it took almost 8 months to figure out the cause and the fix and now its all running nicely. I need a new microscope i saw the carson usb looks awesome.

Comment

Inuart88 Never had them so can't see at all what it's look like. It's good if you think it's not this I'm so pleased. After I live in the mountain so the climate here is pretty hard for fungus but never faced this before so I was a little worry.
              What a disaster when something like this happen at the end of the grow.. Luckly enough for me then

Comment

• Inuart88
                Inuart88 commented
                Editing a comment
                You arnt kidding at an end of a grow it sucks sm90 kills the pistils and makes me smell like shit gat u need to wash em so yeah I’m happy for you. 😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X