Can you give a plant to much oxygen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you give a plant to much oxygen?

I have an oxygen condenser in storage . Could I use this on my dwc to . It would increase the oxygen by almost ten times . I assume the more oxygen the better right? It is similar to the one in the pic.
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Liquid oxygen is not the same that water with lots of oxygen in it. I don’t think you can use that. You need an air pump and air stone

Comment

I have a air pump and stone but I have one of these things in storage . So I figured I would ask .
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        ohh i see, liquid oxygen remains liquid due to the high pressure inside those tanks, once the pressure is gone that oxygen will become a gas again, maybe if you bubble that oxygen gas into your reservoir using the air stone youll get more oxygen in there than with only air, but i dont think it is economically smart to do it, i think youd be wasting oxygen hahaha

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        The machine makes its own oxygen. It pulls it from the air and compresses it. It’s a never ending supply of oxygen .

Only the roots consume oxygen during the dark time. The plants leaves absorb carbon dioxide and expel oxygen. So if you want to help your plant with gas - give em carbon dioxide. Product on the market called Exhale does the job. Or you can be cheap like me and use a yeast mixture.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not so much worried about adding anything else . I just happen to have this and wanted to take advantage of it if it would have been beneficial.

Plants use oxygen for respiration, but it is not a limiting factor so it would not do anything.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X