Soil....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil....

We used the large fabric pots last year. Do I need to empty them and get new soil?

That's the best way to do it.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I always start with new soil. I use the leftover soil for garden plants. However if you fertilize properly you dont need to. My revegged(Monster cropped plants) run the same soil as the first grow and do outstanding.

Comment

Once you get the old dirt out, wash them inside/out with a garden hose and let dry. This will remove any blockage in the pores of the smart pots.

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Think a pressure washer is too harsh?

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey 99, all we ever do is wash them out in the sink, they do just as good as if they are brand new.
          Pressure washer is not needed, at all.

Locrian99 I've just used a garden hose w/a nozzle. Pressure washer might blow them into the next county !

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t know it was a competition. I have been using the same pots for over a year. Just throw in washer cap of bleach and good to go. That’s how I have been doing it.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          No competition, just done it that way, many times without problems.
          But you can wash away all you want too, and good luck with your light.

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          But you have used them so many times more than me I thought. ? I have had great results with my lights have good luck with the Viparspectra.

I m trying to give people an informed choice because the only thing I ever see suggested for leds always seems to be cheaply made lights for a high price (Viparspectra, Mehizi, Maxbloom, besteva, Morsen, MarsHydro, Roleadro, Maxsisun, HiGrow and even advanced platinum leds) are made by the same factorys that make all these other lights. you could just buy a light built by a horticultural company who has done research and development into there lights. Also after hours of research looking at amazon half the reviews are fake or compensated for. If you sort by recent reviews you will see. 10 reviews from the same day by unverified purchases. I saw one I think of besteva that had the same account KIM post 10 reviews for the light they obviously forgot to change accounts. Unless Kim bought 10 lights all diff models I will also pull screen shot if need be.

TAKEN FROM VIPARSPECTRA WEBSITE. “Shenzhen Bailuo Technology Co., Ltd are based in Guangdong, China and establishing our own identity with distinct and different fixtures of our own, like the Reflector-Series grow light. !We are also developing our own technologies and applying them on our next line of products.!”

The last sentence is proof this company just uses old technology.

I would not buy my lights from a company that uses the same technology any other Chinese grow light company uses. They say it right in that paragraph. Just trying to save people from shit lights that everyone seems to suggest. If someone has real money to spend I would steer clear of all amazon shit lights. But to see everyone suggesting these lights is sad.
          Last edited by Inuart88; 05-13-2018, 09:27 AM.

Viperspectrum do work very well though.

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Compared to what? What have you tried for lights what are your grams of per watt you get ? Also what is the research you have put into led lights to make your choice?

The research was simple. Personal experience. But no need to argue about it. They do work and they work fine.

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. You should try another type light at some point then you would know the difference in yield etc. now if you added enough of those lights you would more than likely be fine. I went from a 600mh/hps and mine blow those out of the water.

I have gone to a 1000 watt mh/hps in one setup. Running the viperspectrum in another. I expect the hps to yield significantly more. I had tried a no name brand led years ago and it just plain didnt work.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X