Fabric pot has roots......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric pot has roots......

Just noticed today that my one plant has roots growing out of the fabric pots? The other looks like it’s starting as well. How can I go about transferring to a bigger pot? I believe there 3 gal fabric and I have 5 gal plastic that would work but not sure how to transfer. I’m using coco mixed with perlite. Any ideas would be great. Thank you!!!

The roots are supposed to grow through the fabric pots - but - your airflow is supposed to be pruning them before they are noticeable. So how's your airflow? Do you have your pots on some kind of riser to let the airflow underneath the pots?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I just upgrade to a bigger tent and there is no holes at the bottom just on the top and top of the sides. I can put my fan down at the bottom to blow across them if that helps?

Comment

I use a small folding wire shelf (got it in the kitchen section of a hardware store, they're usually used in cabinets) under my smart pots--saucers go underneath the shelf on the tent floor. As long as you have some sort of air circulation under the pot it should be fine.
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Here is a pic.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            What happens to your run-off when you water?

This is not a problem Carrachu However, if you were planning on transplanting up it would indicate that it is time to do so.
          What size pots are they in now? Are you sure 3 gallon? How long have they been in them? Looking at pic, those look like 5 or 7 gallon and perfectly fine to be final containers.
          How frequently are you fertigating?
          Roots growing out of the bags is a sign that the plant is healthy and vigorous... Be happy!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            No, they probably are 3-gallon
            Still fine for finals if you can fertigate frequently!
            If not, I am happy to talk transplant

I thought they were 5 gal but wife remembered me saying that I ordered 3 gal lol. I put my plants one at a time on a wire mesh screen on top of a tub, then I water , let run off for about 15min then put back on its plastic saucer. I check a little later to see if there is more build up and empty if need be. I’m planning on building a 2ft extension to this tent and have lots of ideas for auto watering and gravity drain but fishing season is coming up in less than 12 days and I had to get my boat ready. I installed a floor on the front so needed a bugle pimp and drilled a hole in the wrong spot so kinda takes presidents right now unfortunately. I’m hoping I can get in the garage next Monday to start on this build. My other concern is the only store in town that sells coco coir is out of stock and has been for over 3 weeks. I have perlite waiting. I’m heading to a big city this weekend so I know I can grab some coco there. I would like to go to a bigger pot size but I thought I had more time lol.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            With auto-watering 3 gallon is ideal!
            You can order Coco on amazon and elsewhere

Forgot to mention I have another matching led light coming 😀

Comment

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Please tell us more 😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X