Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new grower, leaves curling, what's wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! new grower, leaves curling, what's wrong?

Plants are about a month old, bag seeds from Gorilla Glue bag, soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forest, no added nutrients. Just transplanted the two larger ones into one gallon pots. The temp in the tent does get close to 90, but rarely over. Not sure if its over or under watering, suspect the soil is too hot for young pants, but hoping they will grow out of this. Any suggestions will be gladly accepted.

Looks like it may be burn. Probably soil is a little hot.
    Hot temps will exacerbate the hot soil.
    Try to lower temp and raise RH

Comment

give them a week to recoup
      are you watering untill run off?
      4'x 6' x 8' room
      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
      sunshine mix #4
      mega crop nutes
      current grow
      cd-1
      jack herer
      afghan kush
      green doctor

Comment

Yes, watering till runoff, will try to up the RH. Thanks for the help.

Comment

too much water, let them dry between waterings, lift the pot often to get a better sense of watering usage, they just need some time and air

Comment

Ffof is really easy to over water especially in plastic pots. Poke some holes in the side of the plastic it will help the roots get oxygen and help dry the medium. I think heat played a big part here. 86f should be the max unless supplementing co2. Definitely try bringing rh up 50% would be ideal but veg plants tend to like higher rh then that too. It's hot soil and you don't want them to drink a lot from the soil since it has excess nutrients. I've been through 20+ bags of ffof. I recommend fabric or air pots too since the soil retains water well. Especially in plastic pots.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Jimbo
              Jimbo commented
              Editing a comment
              Chefbjy, thanks for the info. Since you have used ffof a lot, was wondering if I ever need to add nutrients to it? Thanks.

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Ffof is good for up to 3 weeks. It has a high ppm I use nutes after 3 weeks. And starting with a low end ppm 1/4 strength will help prevent salt build up. I've ran into problems with heavy feed so take it easy.

• Jimbo
              Jimbo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Mine are over 4 weeks now, and still haven't added nutrients. Plants seem to be OK in that regard, so may wait a bit longer to feed.

Hey Jimbo, yeah, don't water them anymore until your pot is lite weight. And FFOF ain't too strong for those size plants, matter of fact i aint never had it burn seedlings, but KindSoil ,damn right it will burn them up quickly.
            Your next watering after they get over the transplanting, I'd start feeding them.
            HappyGrowing
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Forgot to mention, this plant was topped four days ago, could it be reacting to that?

Comment

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, if EC in the rootzone is high (Hot soil) then topping can further stress them. Generally you'd want to lower EC immediately following topping to ease stress on plants. I realize that you don't have much control over rootzone EC, but that is the theory.
                If they had already been up against their EC limit, topping could have made these symptoms more likely.
                I suspect the underlying problem is climate. Even if the soil isn't too hot normally, it will act "hotter" when temps are high and RH is low.
                I also agree that over-watering may be involved. Definately agree that steps taken to increase drainage would be helpful (fabric pots).
                Cheers

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                I ran into a hiccup when I topped after transplant in fresh ffof. Ec was super high and seemed to be hindering growth. I did a good flush so we'll see how it goes the next few days.
                Last edited by Chefbjy; 05-08-2018, 02:18 PM. Reason: Auto correct

Thanks, will put some holes in the sides of the pots, never thought of that, the pots seem to drain really well, but what do I know, LOL.

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                The drainage is fine it just holds onto water better then oxygen and roots need both.

I use the same soil, my temps someyimes are hight 80s and soild feel cold to the touch. I would day is overwatering. Good luck! ✌️
              Current Grow
              Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Jimbo
                Jimbo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info, nice to know.

Soil is too hot for small plants. Put them in coco loco. Next transplant could be fox farm soil

Comment

• Jimbo
                Jimbo commented
                Editing a comment
                Will try that on next planting, thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X