New grower mini journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower mini journal

Hello everyone I just wanted to do a miniature version of a grow journal. I’m not at harvest yet and I will be replying to his post after harvest with more pictures!

In august of 2017, I started to grow my own cannabis. This website has really gotten me through every step of the way so before anything else I just want to say thank you to GWE!!!

The first seed I ever germinated totally died as a seedling due to poor soil management and improper ph. After that I germinated another seed and so far I have kept it as a “mother” plant.

Mother plant grown under these conditions:
    2 cfl bulbs 75watt 6500k each pulling only about 26 actual watts.

15gal pot
    soil grown using fox farm ocean forest.

Fed just water for first 10 days and then switched over to (veg+bloom dirty)for a while before discovering (earthjuice nutrients)and then eventually finding out about megacrop, which is what she drinks now.

I add cal mag plus by Botanicare, protekt by dynagro and them new orca mycorrhizae benies.

I did some LST on her even through she’s my first plant. GWE does state that LST isn’t for beginners but I didn’t listen 😂

She has given 4 healthy clones so far.

After getting comfortable with with growing in soil, I decided I wanted to give hydroponics a shot. So I went down to my local hydro store, tried dwc in a single 5 gallon bucket for a couple weeks, needless to say that I absolutely loved the results(when done correctly of course)and I now have a 4 bucket RDWC system with a reservoir which is currently growing 4 miniature clones along with a 5 month old seed I’ve had since December of 2017.

That makes it a total of 5 plants that are 3 weeks away from harvest. I keep my mother in a 4x2.5 tent along with a diy clones bucket.

For my flowering tent : it is a 3x3 with 5 air stones and 2 water pumps moving everything around.
    I’ve got an exhaust fan sucking air out 24/7 and ac pumping air in during the light hours to keep things cool. Total of 3 vents going in and 1 already built in vent that I leave open. This keeps my temps well below 85 usually at around 74-78.

Lighting:
    After checking amazon for weeks I decided that the ViparSpectra 600 watt reflector series has the best bang for your buck. I went with this light because of its actual power draw which stands out at about 260-270watts true power draw. Better than most lights for that price! Customer would pay About $1 per watt!!
    I also have 2- 13 watt full spectrum led bulbs and 2 - 3000k 13watt spotlights in there.

Total of 322 watts in that tent.

I havent added co2 but I’m seriously thinking about it.
    Sorry about the blurple lighting!

Hopefully this helps or inspires someone!!!

Peace and love only yo!

Follow me me on Instagram @doctagreenthum_channelzero

Live long and cough, sir!!!
    🖖

Attached Files

Very nice looking trichomes. Totally covered. Should be some good smoke after you let it cure.

Comment

Yeah, lovely sticky buds!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X