Reservoir top off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reservoir top off

Good morning all! I've got a n00b type question for all you green thumbed geniuses: When I'm refilling my bubbleponics reservoir mid week, should I be adding plain pHed water, or should I be using a nutrient solution? I don't want to over-feed them, but want to make sure they're getting what they need.

Currently I have 4 plants in two 12 gallon buckets, and they are about 2 weeks into flower if that info is important.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Cheers,

Strange.

Hey JS -- See this thread from last weekend: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...rient-strength
    Same question!

Comment

Ha! So it is! Thanks Dr.

Cheers,

Strange.

Comment

Howdy JonathanStrange, I just add pH'ed water with FloraShield added (at 2 ml per gallon) to top off the reservoirs at mid week. I originally just put in water (pH'ed) with 1/2 strength nutrients, but this gave me problems with the plants, nutrient burn and signs of nitrogen toxicity. I changed to the full strength nutrients at the start of the week and just the plane water at the mid week top off and things seem to be working well now. I do not know why this has an effect on the growth, maybe it allows better uptake with the fluctuation of the nutrient levels, but it does seem to have a beneficial effect on the plants.
        Good luck in Your growing.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

You should monitor and maintain a consistent EC or PPM.
          Most of the water that is lost is lost to transpiration and evaporation, which leaves a higher concentration of salts in the remaining nutrient solution. Thus, adding plain water is often all that should be required, but again, you know by measuring EC.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the help. I figured plain water would be the safest bet, so that’s how I’ve been rolling recently. I have not been using an EC meter though, only a tds meter. Maybe on the next round I’ll have a look at one of those.

Cheers,

Strange.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              All TDS meters are EC meters converting units. If you live in America you probably have a 500 scale meter. Witch means every 500 tds is 1.0ec, 1000tds is 2.0ec and so on.

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly... As 9fingerleafs suggests, if you are "reading" TDS, you are actually measuring EC. TDS is a calculation based on EC.
              So, if you have been tracking PPM, just use PPM.
              Add Nutrient solution, or plain water, or both, whatever is needed to maintain a consistent PPM

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Tds = ppm

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X