A random question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A random question...

My big bangs are Day 30 of flower. When do the buds start fatting up?

Day 31 - hehehe, sorry couldn't help it - Wow - nice pic and great looking colas. Wait and watch them fatten up right before your eyes - giving them anything to help the boost? Guess the best thing to give them is your patience.
    Have a great harvest.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I’m not an expert and I’m not sure which does which but I now P&K boost weight/density and number of flowering sites . If my memory services me correct ( and it almost never does ) I think it’s that P that boosts density of the bud . And also read somewhere that cooler temps during bloom (might be during dark cycle help with this ) I’ll see if I can find the link and post it for you. It was either on this forum or on the royal queen seeds site .
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Ever wondered how to grow your own "top-shelf" buds like the ones you get from a dispensary? Learn 7 insider tips to producing your own frosty, medical-quality buds!

i was backwards like usual K boosts density . But this link should fully answer your question . I’m pretty sure there was something about when the buds would thinker up there .
        DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Your plants look really nice btw . I’m jealous . If you need someone to smoke it for you I willing to travel for the cause xD

Comment

Lol thanks for the comments. I'm giving 10ml of coco a n b plus 4 ml of big bud per 2 litres of water every watering as and when they need it.

Comment

I tried XD ... do I get an A for effort?

Comment

Beautiful ladies you got there. Enjoy!
                Current Grow
                Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

They are fattening and will continue to do so...
                  When you say "as and when they need it" how often do they generally "need it"? Do you track and manage EC or PPM?
                  I'll rec my guide (link in signature), because I think there may be some things in there that you'd benefit from, but it looks like you are doing great

Comment

I know the feeling man, give it some time. Not sure your flowering time but the last 3 weeks are when they really start getting bulky from what I’ve seen. And then they really start packing it on fast you’ll see. Nice job. Campesino doesn’t that make your scissor finger itch
                    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
                    600w mh/hps
                    32”x32”x63” veg tent
                    viparspectra PAR 450 led
                    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
                    5 gallon Smart Pots
                    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
                    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My scissor finger has your attention, but is confused... It doesn't see any little six node babies to decapitate! That's really it's favorite thing!

• Locrian99
                      Locrian99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I might be confused just looks like that middle one didn’t get any love making a joke... might’ve failed I’ll blame the bong.

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My supercropping fingers are twitching. But there aren't too many leaves that I'd cut.
                      Seem a little droopy...
                      I've changed my ways with defoliation... I cut almost all the leaves off the last grow! So, you're probably not confused, just have a good memory!

Flowering time is 6 weeks so theoretically they shud be fatting up now. Watering times is when the first 2 inch is dry if its dry, if I carnt gauge the dry ness from the soil I lift the pot and use the if the pot is light it need feedings. Got my lights on 18/6 and they've kinda been needing water at the start of light cycle. Thanks for all the comment

Comment

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wait, you have your lights on 18/6? Are they Autos?
                      Are you in soil or Coco?
                      6 week flowering period strains are six weeks from first pistils, not 12/12... but now I'm not sure if you are growing autos or photos

Yh Yh autos mate. Have I got light schedule wrong? I was told it doesn't matter on the light so much. Am in coco/perlite. I had the first pistils show on 4th April.

Comment

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you want them to grow better you should water more frequently.
                      Coco/Perlite cannot be easily over-watered. Conversely, as it dries, EC climbs precipitously. for both of those reasons, you should keep it wet!
                      To get the benefits of Coco you should water at least everyday, and 2 or 3 times a day in flower.
                      I will recommend my guide again, because I think you would benefit. Link is in signature above

Really OK. Thank you for tht. So they've gotta be wet all the time. No need to wait for them to dry.

Comment

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, you should not let the Coco get dry at all.
                      To dry, means the water has evaporated - which leaves a high concentration of salts in the media. Allowing coco to get dry can burn your plants.
                      Keep it wet: Even when at field capacity (saturated), Coco perlite retains sufficient O2 in the root zone. Once plants are established it is nearly impossible to over-water in coco/perlite.
                      Finally, Add nutes to all water and manage EC

A little update from the first pictures.. After keeping the medium saturated and pulling some more leaves off I have noticed a big difference in the bud sizes!!

Comment

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks great! Happy you’re having success

Another update picture 4 days later from the first picture.. These ladies fatting up like they shud or?

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                      DankwingDuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They look good . That one really high cola is going to be dank . Can’t wait to see them when you harvest . Good luck to you .

• Campesino
                      Campesino commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks good - just patience now

• Locrian99
                      Locrian99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea that things a beast

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X