Swedling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedling

This is my first official grow I have play around with it in the past but this is my first true grow where I invested the money and am really hoping for some success.

my issue is I woke up this morning and found 1 of my seedlings layed over almost completely . The sprout itself looked healthy to me other then the dropping and it stood up well when I used my plant marker to support it.

Im using a 48x48x80 grow tent and a 600w hps as well as a decent system . I’m concerned that it will get worse if there is a really issue and it isn’t addressed.

I maintain a 70-72 degree temp and my humidity sits around 30 in the light and 40 in the dark with about a 5 degree rise in temp in the dark. I had my girlfriend keeping an eye on them yesterday while I was at work and I woke up this morning to this situation. My temp geage did have a high humodity
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Ignore the title mistake I was trying to type this message while cooking at work my bad
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Hey Dank, you might want to read Nebulas tutorials on seedlings, she has got it all wrote down for you.Much better than I could tell you now.
      But they look good to me ,but you want your humidity up to 50-60 percent for seedlings, and I know your taking that dome off of them aren't you ? They need all the light they can get, but your light is kinda strong for seedlings unless you got it way up high, lots of folks just use cfls for seedlings, till they are a little older. If you can read her tutorials, they will really help you alot, and good luck with your first real grow, your gonna have alot of fun, and Welcome to GWE.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I do have the light about 4 1/2 feet away because It’s hps and so hot it was better futher then closer to start and I could adjust it down to combat stretch. I do dome them ( as seen in photo) and I have a tray done aswell but they had started rooting out of the rockwool so I moved them to the buckets with the water just at the bottom of the net pot . I attempted to make some domes with milk cartons but it didn’t seem to be doing much . I will prob just get some clear solo cups and make better domes . I’m not feeding them anything yet was waiting for the seed leaves to start to die first . The buckets only have distilled water @ 5.8 ph. I did some calibration on my ph meter . Because it was off slightly but not enough that I feel it was or is a ph issue .

Comment

This seedling laying over doesn’t raise concern of a possible issue to you ? Over night it went from upright to this

Comment

Could you provide a link for this Nubians tutorial if possible I would be interested in reading it

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Dank, when you can see green you don't need that dome anymore, they need light, and I'll be honest with you I don't know how to do the link thing, they are easy to find, I just don't no how to tell you where.
              Someone will be on here in a minute to show you the link, but Nebula has got everything you need written down,

I found some about manifolding but not seedling but I’ll keep looking ty . If anyone can offer any advice on the meanwhile that would be great . Likely it will perk back up by tomorrow and it won’t be as big deal . But I’m ADD and panicky.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              All you got to do is Google grow weed easy seedlings, and some of it will come up.
              If you got that seedling in light it should be fine,

It is on 18/6 but just went through a 24 light cycle to change off time from mid nite -6am to where it is off noon - 6pm now so that I don’t have to combat the heat of the day and the heat of the lights and the change really helped I had a 30degree change in temp from lights on to lights off now I only have a 10 degree change at most

Comment

I’m pretty sure it is dying sadly my girlfriend just texted me saying the leaves are starting to curl

Comment

Welcome Dankwing! Give these a read...

The Basics Tutorial, How to Grow Cannabis in 10 Easy Steps, the Bubbleponics Grow Guide

One of my favorite pages...

The completed grow journals section is a good one too...

On your seedling droop, could it be getting too much water? I'm on my 1st grow also but had some droop issues as a seedling - I lowered the water level a bit so it was about an inch or so below the net pot to allow the roots to breathe. I also built a small support from a twist tie to keep it upright while it recovered. Not sure if this was the cause or not but it seemed to turn around after that.
                Instagram: @farmerjim420
                What is VPD?
                diygrowdata.com

Completed:
                #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
                Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
                In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
                In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
                • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
                • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
                • #diyrdwc
                • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

I thought that at first but the rockwool was bone dry . I only put it into the dwc with water this morning . It was in the pot/bucket before today but the water level was very low just enough to soak the air stone. I was watering with a spray bottle before today. It is in the doc now and the water is sitting about an 1/8 in above the bottom of the pot .

Forgetting to mention earlier , I had removed the rockwool from the pot and the root was about 1in below the rockwool but did not look as nice as the roots on my special queen #1 . (FYI the plant with the issues is a white widow) I was told that the widow was much harder to grow then the queen and that is proving to be true so it seems . The roots on my queen are white and think compared to the widow which looks more limp and translucent with a white color but not as pretty as the queen’s

i also planted a cheese auto and it doesn’t seems to be rooting , although it was the first seed to pop it is only about an inch to and inch an a half from root tip to leaf.

Its really is just looking like I’m going to have to run this queen only for now and get some practice as it seems to be the most Resilient of the 3 strains I picked

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X