Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Heat stress big soft squishy buds

Hi,

I'm gonna install heat extraction asap but have a question regarding very soft buds due to heat stress.
    Do the buds dense up after getting temps down or are they damaged beyond saving?

Or should I just add CO2? Will that fix and dense up buds?

It's not just the fox tail parts that are soft, the core buds are too.

Any exp?

Temps around 30C & RH 40%-45%
    Lux levels are nominal.
    I estimate the plants have a few weeks to go til harvest.
    Last edited by Bartholomew; 05-01-2018, 06:36 AM.
    First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

There is so much that happens in the last 2 weeks of growing, and then in the drying and curing. Lowering humidity and keeping temps cooler will help. Drying in the dark helps tighten things up too. From the sounds of things it will be fine as long as they are frosty.

When you bag/jar it up, it gets a little smushed and helps make it dense too. We used to call it "pocketized" weed: stuff that got smushed from being in your pocket haha

Comment

I think you are misunderstanding. They are not fine. The buds used to be dense when the temps were lower. Have had heat problems past two weeks.
      The yield\mass loss is quite noticeable.

Comment

Late in flower, buds are getting ruined. Airy and losing structure.
        I know you have a heat issue but kinda sounds like she is trying to re-veg perhaps.

I would raise the lights and reduce the hours ON to 10 hours or even less.

Comment

Nah, re-vegging not. Raised lights and gonna add co2 tomorrow and seal the room.

Still would like a definitive answer on whether co2 fixes loose buds. Google didn't seem to give a specific answer.

Comment

What is wrong with airy buds? Are they sticky and frosty? Are airy buds not as strong thc? Do they taste worse than tight buds? Is it only the bag appeal that you want from tight buds? As long as my buds are sticky frosty and taste good with a good high I don't care if they are airy. Also very tight buds in my climate get mold easily. Tight buds might be more trouble than they are worth.

Comment

Okay, I think there's a misconception either on my part or yours lol. My problem lies in lost yield. The quality of the strain, buds etc is good and I'm happy but what I'm asking here is how do I salvage heat damaged buds? Can I salvage them? Co2 or temp control?
              The strain itself is quite dense and they were dense before the heat.

Long story short, I wish to save mass\yield.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Bartholomew, I don't know for a fact, but I wouldn't think co2, is gonna help you get that weight back, then again I might be reading this wrong .
                You got alot of plants too, I sure hope you can get some help. It really must have got hot in there, an for a while it seems, to make your
                buds soft, you sure need to get the temps down, if it ain't already to late.
                Co2, helps you grow in hotter temps but it's gotta be sealed up.

D.A.A.S.69 You got it right.
              That's what I'm fearing, that it might be too late. I'll try air extraction tomorrow and see how it goes. But then again since it's almost harvest I might just go yolo.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Bartholomew, Brother that's alot of plants to lose weight, that's bad news for sure, I hope you get some good help soon.All I know to tell you, is to try the best you can to keep your temps and humidity as low as healthy, and good luck, that would make me sick,lol

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Appreciate it!
                Yeah it's a pain in the ass sauna horror show

The good news is that the extremely soft buds are only on a few plants. Some others are medium density and the rest are rock hard.
                I guess I panicked for a sec. The bud I squeezed is HUGE, like huuuuuge. The softness shocked me lol

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                That is good news Bartholomew, the last couple of weeks is when they even get larger, and harder-denser, but im sure you know that, anyway i hope they turn out ,just like you want them, lol

Aaaaghhh!
              I can't decide! It's driving me nuts.

Basically if i get the co2 system, it would take at least 5+ days for it to get shipped and up and running. The co2 system would set me back 400+ dollars but at the same time it would be an investment towards the next grow because I'm planning on getting it 100% for the next crop.
              Then again if i get the exhaust system it would cost less and I would have it up and running by tomorrow. BUT...I'm planning on going full LED next grow because fuck heat. There, I said it. Fuck it in the sauna. Yeah!

Anyways, I can't make up my mind on what the course of action here would be.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                If it was me ,id get the exaust system, but maybe someone, else can help you much better than I can, I know one thing, heat-high humidity, is a killer when flowering.

Humidity is in the good zone though.
              its decided. Exhaust system it is then.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah but lower than 40-50 ,would be even better flowering. But I sure hope you don't lose much weight.

• KingKush
                KingKush commented
                Editing a comment
                Get the exhaust system. @ what d.a.a.s.69 says , it's all good advice!

is your light adjustable for wattage? my 1000 is to hot for my room so i run it at 3/4 power or 600W according to the ballast.it's 10 degrees cooler an right in the zone.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X