New led light !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New led light !

Has anyone used or know about this kind of leds ? Theyre called multi chip leds, this is 300w and pretty expensive,
    i find different types of led grow lights at the store but don't which is best to get.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bk_getrich; 05-01-2018, 04:52 AM.

They are a basic three way COB flood light. Made for high intensity, narrow angle focus. Not necessarily for efficiency. Would likely have around 1umol per watt efficiency with about 300umol photon flux. A 200w HPS would provide equal capacity for less power.

Because visual lighting works off non linear photometry, it does not need to provide the same electrical efficiency requirements as grow lights to compare to other lighting technologies. They work off efficacy, by providing spectrums that improve visual perception. Which works just as well as improved electrical efficiency, without actually having to provide it.

Electrical efficiency and efficacy in grow light technology cannot be cheated to produce a cheaper or superior product. Unfortunately in order to better the technology that currently leads in economical and efficiency value, requires deep pockets. Im familiar with most LED products that are superior to gas discharge technology, but not so familiar with products that are not. Vipar spectra is the only manufacturer and product outside of DIY that i would recommend.

RosettaStoned and Paracelsus might be able to help you with LED fixtures. Any questions feel free to ask
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

DrPhoton manufacturer says this light gives off 35000LM , covering 2.5*3.5meter area from 1meter distance, and 145 degree light angle.
      would u recommend to get it ?
      im not able to buy products from amazon or any other online stores alike, can only get some stuff around my place
      Last edited by bk_getrich; 05-01-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty high hang height for its coverage. It may be better to look at other lights.

Also Check out this one, its 300w , same price and similar specifications
      Attached Files

Comment

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        It may be ok, but hard to say. Hopefully others will chime in on some products available.

Do they not carry viparspectrum? Ask them if they can get them. Not expensive and work great.

Comment

• bk_getrich
        bk_getrich commented
        Editing a comment
        Im afraid not, we only got some local products

DrPhoton Redwasp thanks for ur help, ill see what i can get, im an electrician i also think about making one myself
      what do u think

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet RosettaStoned, can point you in the right direction, on making one,
        He has made several here lately, and they are working fine,

Not sure. Not an engineer or an electrician. Lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X