FoxFarm - Monsanto rumor -- Response from FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoxFarm - Monsanto rumor -- Response from FF

Every now and again the rumor of Monsanto buying out FoxFarm rears it's ugly head so I sent an email to FF asking them if they could confirm the rumor. Below is the response I received from FF customer service manager Hannah, which I found interesting.

"Thank you for contacting FoxFarm with your concern, it is no bother at all! I would be happy to help you.
    The rumors you are referring to are simply that – just rumors. A while ago Scotts/Monsanto published a statement saying that they were interested in buying small soil and fertilizer companies that sell to hydro stores and independently owned garden centers, allowing them access to a new market. FoxFarm happens to be a company that sells exclusively to both hydro stores and independently owned garden centers, so when this article came out, we became a target. These rumors essentially tarnish our reputation as a small, locally based business.
    Scotts/Monsanto did purchase General Hydroponics and VermiCrop but did not purchase FoxFarm. FoxFarm has not sold to nor has any plans to sell to Scotts, Monsanto, or anyone else. We will continue to make the highest quality soils and fertilizers available, and we will continue to be a small operation that supports its local community
    Thanks again for your concern and interest in FoxFarm. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us. To learn more about our company, new products, and download our latest feeding schedules please visit www.FoxFarmFertilizer.com.

Hannah Ward
    Customer Service Manager
    FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company"

I hope this helps anyone else who likes FF but not Monsanto.

Cool. I haven't used their products, but maybe I should check out what they offer. Thanks for posting the response.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Bluto
      Bluto commented
      Editing a comment
      You're very welcome.

Now I have to stop using GH. :P

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, I just bought a bottle of GH Calmag that totally smells like Worcestershire sauce. Now I'm really annoyed to know that.

Thank you very much for publishing this, I have heard that rumor to, have refrained from posting it, since I did not want to perpetuate info that just might not be true.
    I have seen Fox Farm products for sale at both a Murdochs, and an Ace Hardware.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Bluto
      Bluto commented
      Editing a comment
      You are certainly welcome.

Urgh, I didn't know about GH either until...yesterday when I read the other thread. Maybe I missed it, but is there a list of everyone that Monsanto owns?
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

I found it interesting she threw it out there about GH and Vermicrop.

While Monsanto and Scotts/Miracle Grow are often associated together, even as the same, they are separate companies. Certainly VERY close bedfellows with marketing/warehousing agreements among other things. Also, S/MG owns a sub called Hawthorne Gardening company specifically created and designed around the hydrponics market but more specifically the cannabis industry. So GH is hidden under the Hawthorne name. So obviously both are leveraging themselves within the canna market. I sense moreso Scotts then Monsanto. Now going off topic, you know damn well big tobacco and big pharma is geared up but just not transparent. Probably under the guise of R&D.

Comment

Ahhh gotta love the mindset, monsanto will gladly take money from cannabis growers and donate it to anti-cannabis legislators.

But these people also geneticly modify plants to resist pests without realizing the results would harm pollinators. Or they just don't care.

They don't get my money.
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Kind of off topic but I contacted fox farms with a specific question about their products. The lady answering the phones couldn’t answer. I was surprised they actually had someone that seemed very knowledgeable call me back answer my question and explain the science behind it. Appreciated they took the time to do so.
          48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey 99, I sure would like to know , I know they are not getting anymore of my cash, just because of that.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I wonder too since it’s now legal in California to grow recreationally. I can’t really blame them for covering their ass kind of a nod and a wink thing.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear you 99, but i like the ones that aint scared to admit its for Mj, that's chickensh-t the way FoxFarms plays both sides of fence.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X