Single led bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Single led bulbs

Hello everyone, i can find some led bulbs at store which come in 2 different spectrums daylight and warm white (just like cfls) theyre not considered grow light, but they give off light just like cfls, sofar ive grown once with cfls and i had a nice growth but heat was my serious problem, and now i wanna try these, what do u think? Can they do the growing ?
    this bulb in the picture is 20 watt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bk_getrich; 04-29-2018, 03:08 PM.

They may have a slightly better efficiency but its hard to know without specifications such as wattage and luminous flux.

They typically have blue diodes with yellow phosphors to create a wider spectrum. The closer the color temperature is towards blue, the more efficient it will be due to the closer the wavelength conversion.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

DrPhoton this 20w bulb gives off 1800 lm, i just read on its box, and how far do u guess it should be kept away from plants ?

Comment

You can absolutely use them. I have before with good results and I am again. Plan on at least 8 per plant, and 10 is better.

The warm whites are 2700K and are similar to HPS. The cool whites are 6500K and more like MH. I can tell you from experience that both work fine. You can cut off the top half of the bulb with a cutting wheel on drill or Dremel which will give you a much more directional beam.

As a rule you can and should keep LED bulbs within inches of the plant, just like CFL. I also made aluminum foil hoods to help direct the beam.

If you're interested I can post a snapshot.

All that said, by time you get all the bulbs and sockets and wiring set up and paid for, a single MH, HPS, or LED grow light is much simpler and costs not much more...

Good luck and have fun.

Comment

I agree with Dr J
          From that i calculate around 1umol per watt compared to fluorescents of 0.8umol per watt. Less for CFL. So it should provide as good as if not better performance than fluoros.
          ​​​​​​​
          Written Articles:
          Light Metric Systems
          Using Light Efficiently
          The Light Cycle Debate
          Environment Conditions
          Grow Light Technologies
          How To Compare Grow Lights
          To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
          Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Instagram

Comment

I'm using the 100watt daylight along with a 60 watt cfl and a 90 watt blue led flood light. My plants grow out of their pots quick. Was thinking of using some of the colored ones for a full spectrum effect as an expirement. But I just use them for seedlings and young plants or clones. You can see how well my 20 day old plant is doing under my set up on the last page of my journal. Link in my signature. About to transplant into final container already 😃.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

DoctorJohnson DrPhoton thanks, i think i wont waste my time with these, i thought i could use maybe 2 led bulbs instead of many cfls! Now ure saying theyre at the same strength, ill try to get some led growlight

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X