Growing Weed With Live Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing Weed With Live Fish

An interesting idea.............................https://www.facebook.com/worldeconom...location=group

I like to grow my weed with cats and dogs...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      You madam, are a cultural philistine

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, sir, I am no philistine unless you are referring to reality tv.

If I remember correctly, the water that came out of my fish tank when I'd change the water had about 20 PPM nitrates.(Using a nitrate level test kit to check water quality is common in the aquarist world.) 20 PPM of NO3 was considered the max that you should let it get to for the health of the fish, but they seemed to tolerate more without problems when I'd get lazy and skip the weekly water change.

Aquarium enthusiasts commonly throw left over "fish water" on their gardens.

Comment

The newsletter a couple weeks ago was about this.
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that...will read

I saw that at the depot sold as a kit last week. Killer idea

Comment

I have contemplated setting up an aquaponics system for the girls and I've held off due to space and stealth requirements. However I know of a spring feed pond full of fish and due to it's size (small) and remote location I am considering fabricating a floating raft , putting a few girls on board and let it float for the summer. For the raft, Cottonwood for main structure due to its buoyancy and wicking ability then basically loading the upper with a soil less mix of peet, perlite, mushroom compost and maybe a little lime. If I do it and nobody finds it , this should be the most killer grow I've pulled off yet. ✌

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds so crazy that it would probably work.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Be interesting to see how that would go

I have a mate up the road with a 40 x 100 aquaponic green house it's amazingly impressive his pond is 30 x 60 with all kinds of plants including his weed. He does the rafts but also has a piping system with lots of hydro tubes around the edges he grows all year round heated in the winter has solar and wind to power the pumps. It's an amazing site to see if u are a hydro freak I love it.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I’ve seen people growing veggies with this technique and the main issue seems to be the bacterial population. There has to be bacteria converting ammonia into nitrates (ammonia is toxic and nitrates are food) and is hard to cultivate and maintain. Is a delicate relationship between all variables. First the fish must get settled in the environment and then gotta spend a lot of time monitoring ph, ppm, ammonia, nitrates, sodium and calcium and get them to the point they’re stable and then introduce plants. A lot more complicated than hydro

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Useful info to know

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X