super tinytiny bugs in my soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL super tinytiny bugs in my soil

so..this is my 1st grow electric fruit is the strain, shes 10 days old today. shes in a closet, in a 40x20" pot that i made wit felt. the soil is an organic(i dont remember the brand) & is about 6" deep. a few days ago, i noticed these tinytinytiny bugs crawlin on my soil(they were EVERYWHERE), but i found none on my girl. some wer bigger & darker than others, & they all move pretty fast. i went to the greenhouse thinkn spider mites, the woman gave me a partial bottle of (i dont remember),but it specified spider mites. i sprayed as much of the soil as i could with what little i had. a day or so later, iwas still seein them but on a far smaller scale & i was only seein the smaller ones. i mixd a 1:2 of 91% alcohol & water & sprayd all over the soil. (this doesnot work..i actually saw 1 on my hygrometer & sprayd it, when the solution evaporated it began movin again..3 times!). then i bought some diatomaceous earth & coverd the top of the soil. i still see them here & there..mostly on the meter(i smash evry 1 i see). i apologise for lack of pics..the glass on my cam is broke so pics r blurry, but these things r so tiny that i wouldnt b able to get a good pic anyway, i cant even make out their structure under a mag glass. any ideas on what these could be?..& what can i do to KILLEM ALL? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try Montery Spinosad.

Comment

thanks dutchman..ill keep that in mind....a lil update..1 of those little jumpin spiders found his way into my grow 3days ago & i see it eatin those lil bastards..haha....looks like nature is takin care of itself👊

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello BudBaby, nature is a good way, I ain't sure but I think it was abadtrip that got a bunch of LadyBugs, from somewhere, and I think they took care of his problems, I think.Maybe he'll check in.

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        Last bugs are so cool I has a real bad infestation of aphids it was horrable I got I think 1500 lady bugs from Amazon for I think under 10 bucks put them in my tent and at harvest I had no more aphids. Also a baby ladybug looks fuckin sceary so be prepared for some crzy looking bugs because after the get done eating they just fuck constantly. But it's a totaly natural pesticide that will never effect your buds like an organic spray would.

yea..theres a few predatory species that can b bought(frm what iv read)....my lil spider buddy is gone tday..hopefully he finishd th job & didnt jus move on..i havent seen any lil bugs tday..but i suppose time will tell. thanks for th help tho daas..much appreciated

Comment

If they have wings, might be fungus gnats. I had these, and only used a fan pointed at the soil. The air currents are too strong for the little buggers to deal with. Problem solved sans any chemicals.
        AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
        Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
        Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system
        Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

nosir..none have wings(well..theyr not flyin)....i did see a single bug flyin..but i think it was jus a regular gnat..which i introduced to my thumb..haha....imean..i dont really kno..jus applyin some logic....i did read sumthin somewhere about mites that have wings as adults..so im incessantly scannin the entire area..i seen a red ant aswell..sheesh....at some point im gonna build an enclosed box for my grows..i dont like how my space is so vulnerable....thanks for your input growsomebuds..thats good info to know

Comment

You're taking some good steps to control pests. You may want to try a drench with azamax to make sure you get whatever is in the medium. Some pests lay their eggs in the soil and they will hatch and attack. The other thing to try is spraying Ortho Home Defense around your grow area perimeter. This will help stop ants and other crawling pests from coming in to the space.
            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Diatomaceous Earth food grade works well too. When those lil bastards walk on it, it'll carve em up like walking on razor blades.

3rd grow
              CFL's for seedlings
              Outdoor DIY Grow Box 4' X 3' X 8'
              Galaxyhydro LED 300w Full Spectrum
              ViparSpectra LED 450w Full Spectrum
              Coco Loco & Kindsoil
              Foliar Essence
              5 gal Smart pot/5 gal plastic pot
              AK-47 feminized - GYO
              Fallen Angel feminized - Devils Harvest

"Changing my thinking, changes my life."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X