Too hot in the tent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Too hot in the tent.

Hi all so I turned my light on for 15 minutes with the extractor fan going full speed and my tent hit a temperature of 37 Celsius that is way too high any ideas.
    Also I have 6 passive intake hole 3 which are 5 inch and 3 that are 4 inch and the walls still suck inwards is this bad?

37c = 98f
    WAY TOO HOT!!!

What is the temperature of the room?
    Are you venting out of the space (outside)?

You may need active intake and you may need to cool the air that you are drawing into the tent

Comment

Where is your ten located?
      Current Grow
      Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Hello 9820, like they said ,you need to vent that hot air outside , and get an intake fan.
        You must live in a hot state, or use hps, lights, you might even have to use led lights, if you can't get your heat down. Good Luck with it.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Sj9820
          Sj9820 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi D.A.A.S I use a 600w hps.
          England. Cold mostly all year lol.

I am venting into the same room bit of a issue with people seeing the ducting, hypothetically it is illegal where I live.
        to answer your question strains I have the tent in my room near the windows. Since I've opened the windows it has got cooler in my room and the tent dropped a few degrees without the lights a extractor on its 24C.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          What kind of lights and are you sure you are venting the heat from them properly?

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's about right with the Windows open, maybe that solved your problem, I hope it did, anyway, good luck with them.
          What you need is a small intake fan sucking air from outside in, if it's lots cooler air.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah opening the window will help keep it nice and cold. Make sure to warm it up in there when lights are out. 24c is perfect. If you're in veg you can get up to 30c and be fine. Just watch the humidity too.

I am using a 600w hps and it was only on for 15 minutes.
        Venting properly? I thought you just put the fan on and it extracts the hot air.

Comment

Read the question wrong I don't have a cooler for the hps reflector.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            So you have a wing hood not cooled? You will have to drop the temperature in the room considerably. If you can cool it off without it effecting living conditions. Close off the room and any heat source in it. I'm not sure if you can set another fan up to draw air in from outside since you're not able to vent outside.

Run your lights at night with the windows opened and the tent wide open too

Comment

It stays around 24 to 26c with lights off, I have put the ducting connected to the extraction fan behind my curtain on my windowsill with the windows open had light on for 15 again to test my new passive intake holes and the temp stayed around 26c. Thanks too all who have commented. This noob really appreciates it.

Comment

Oh also Chef if you don't mind me calling you that, the humidity is not a problem it stays around 40 to 50 RH and have a dehumidifier to drop even lower towards end of flowering.

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Good thing hope all goes well. Happy growing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X