New grow box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grow box

I bought a grow box a few years ago, but I'm just getting around to setting it up. It's small, 20"x36"x5'

I have five Northern Lights seeds on the way that I plan on doing a sea of green grow with. I chose noryhern lights because of its reputation for the sea of green method as well as for not smelling as much. I'mm also plan on taking clones from them to start a second grow box to help with perpetual harvesting.

I have a couple questions about this though, is 5 seeds enough, too much or just right? It's a little less than half of a square meter of floor space.

For lighting, I'm still weighing my options. The 45w LED grow light from Unifun looks promising, but all the reviews sound like they were from someone working for Unifun though. Does anyone have any experience with them? If I go that route, I would probably pick up two of them.

Unfortunately, I have to do stealth growing as I live in an apartment, so for ventilation I'm going with Soler & Palau TD-150S In-line Exhaust Fan, even though it's nearly 200. I also plan on getting the I power active charcol filter to help with the smells. Is this the best stealth setup, or is there something that is still pretty quiet but less expensive?

Thanks in advance!

For that much,you can get a half dozen 6" fans at Lowes. Although 4" is plenty for your set up.

Comment

Yeah, but they are noisy

Comment

• Cali
        Cali commented
        Editing a comment
        Go with that quiet fan. Don’t go cheap on that you will regret it I did then I had to buy the can fan that Nebula recommends and been happy ever since. It’s not quiet though..

• PRIMO
        PRIMO commented
        Editing a comment
        No they're not. Noise is caused by vibration,make sure the fittings are tight and suspend filter and fan with rubber snubbers.

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with primo. My can pro fan is whisper quiet the only thing I hear is the air moving. Their filters are real nice as well.

Hello welcome aboard that light is a bit small.

Comment

Is there something in that price range that would work better?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	199446

Hello MJ, I have one DWC small grow box and one large one: in the small one, which is around the same size as yours, I do best putting 4 plants in it. Here's a pic of the small one. That's four plants that I topped, so there are 4 main colas on each one. I've tried to do 5 (greedy!), but it was too much for the space.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I thought T5 lights were looked down on as being inefficient? Am I mistaken?

Comment

They are great for veg not so great for flowering. I'm just looking at your budget and trying to make that work. Lots of info here http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-grow-lights

Comment

Lots of people on this site have great results from this brand LED https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-...s=viparspectra

Comment

Totally new to all of this so take my input as you see fit. Also, I'm seshing right now

I am in the middle of my first ever grow using bagseed and a homemade box with cfl/led. I have 2 plants going at once in soil and have topped and fim'd them a couple times. Based on the low stress training i've done and what I've read about sea of green (SoG?), if you've not done it before, 2 or 3 plants would be a good start. Someone mentioned 4 plants as well. My space is roughly 48x18x18 and the space is barely optimized so I bet you could SoG nicely.

2 150w CFL's + a 36w LED and I've been happy with what I've seen so far with 2 plants.

I can't speak to ventilation or smells.

Good Growing

Comment

I use T8 floresent blue tubes 2’ long 4of them in a array. Very gentle with 100% germination rate,great for popping and veging seeds,I found the fixtures in back of a old supermarket and changed out the tubes. I add a small fan after seedlings take off for circulation great for seedlings and cloning .lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X