Tincture today !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tincture today !

So Im making a couple of different batches of tincture today. One with a 50/50 mix of CBD ( Candida) and THC (Critical Kush) and one straight CBD ( Candida). The 50/50 mix will be used to make a canna balm and a little oral tincture once its fan reduced. The CBD mix will be an oral tincture for a friend who has knee pain but cant take THC.

Good stuff dutch. I need to learn how to make those as well. ✌
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Been looking into the Nova. My wife complains when I do it in the oven lol.

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya Chefbjy. Do it when shes not home and air the house out well, ha.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol she works from home so I did it while she was sleeping last time 😉.

Thank you. Will look at it.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Thought Id add this pic for those without a Nova.

Comment

The Nova does give off some aroma, but minimally. I have two of them, and I have decarbed my dried buds for the last two grows. It smells fantastic, and it retains the aroma. All the terpenes are preserved intact when you use the Nova. Of course I always store the bud in a cool, dark place.

It's so easy to make tincture. I gently separate my buds (I try to disturb minimally, so I don't grind them), cover with Everclear 190 proof so they are completely submerged, stick it in the freezer, shake when I remember to for a week or two, and strain. I bought some almond milk straining bags on Amazon (they fit right over the top of a 32 oz. mason jar, so you can gently flip it over and strain into a large bowl. I squeeze the bag to get every drop I can out. Then I transfer to 2 oz. dropper bottles (I have a small funnel for the purpose). It stores indefinitely in the freezer, and it's definitely my favorite way of medicating: the high is exquisite and long-lasting.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Only changes I make are I put the everclear and the buds in the freezer Before I combine them so the water solubles are frozen before combining them . Additionally I never squeeze as this also pushes out more sediment and other strong flavored stuff. I also reduce the amount of alcohol with a fan by 3/4's ( makes it more potent). So If I start with 2 cups of liquid I end with 1/2 cup. Then I add 1/3 the amount of glycerin, a little water and some food grade flavoring (my friends love tangerine).which helps keep the resins from sticking to the sides/eyedropper. It also makes it more palatable Oh, I almost forgot....I only soak and shake it for 10-24 hours. Then I do a second wash and am done.
          alltatup, do you have a link to those bags? Ive been using coffee filters and a strainer which works ok but those bags sound like a better plan. I looked on amazon but there are so many to choose from and you said yours fit right over the quart jars.
          Last edited by Dutchman1; 04-27-2018, 05:37 AM.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment

I use the two bags to strain. The tincture made from bud was pure yellow, and I squeezed every drop out.

After I've strained, I rinse out the bags in cold water and then soak them overnight in cold soapy water.

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, thanks so much !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X