Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so.... vaping near pet parrots

Does anyone have experience with this?
    Is vaping weed near pet parrots harmful to them?
    I can’t keep one away every time I take out my vaporizer.
    First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Im not a vet but I smoke next to my dog and she loves it lol 😂
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, but have you ever smoked a strain called PETA?

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely wouldn’t smoke near pets. But I’m talking about vaping.

I don't believe there's any second hand effects from the smoke you release. Some animals love the smell and infact eat flowering plants. I had a dog that loved to be around when we smoked. She could smell it in anyone's pocket we new who was holding 😆. We could hide it and she would find and eat it. I don't think it will harm it but if you're concerned cage it when you smoke or leave the room.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew commented
      Editing a comment
      Second hand smoke does have effects, note sure about vaping though. I was just wondering

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two birds and I do smoke with them if I have to it doesn't get them stoned but its not good for them they dont have the capacity to (for lack of a better word) filter it I use essential oils to make candles with and they cant be around that cause of the scent of oil , cant use disinfectant spray all kinds of stuff so they wont get high off of it but it may kill them sorry

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Here you go. http://vaping360.com/is-second-hand-vapor-harmful/

No comments other than I love the question. Send a video of the bird after.

Comment

Do you not have a floor fan or ventilation to pull the exhaled vapor out of the parrot's vicinity? Like face a floor fan toward the bathroom and turn on the exhaust fan? Pulling everything away from your parrot. Or crack a window (if you live away from people). We've always smoked around our dogs, with no problem, some of them enjoy the contact high and those who didn't would leave the room, it was their choice. The new dog we got was very afraid of the lighter, someone must have tormented him with one. In less than 3 months he's stopped running out of the room and will lay on the couch while we pass the pipe. Before I started growing my own, I had to use a vaporizer, because everything made me cough until I thought a lung was coming up, but my stuff's so smooth I can enjoy a pipe again, no coughing.
      Where there's a will there's a way, so just think about it, and you'll figure out how to vape and keep your parrot safe.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      1- 60w cfl for germination
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
      Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
      Seeds:
      Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
      Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
      Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
      Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartholomew View Post
        I can’t keep one away every time I take out my vaporizer.
        Seriously? What does he do exactly, tell you to stop bogarting?

Comment

Do you not have a floor fan or ventilation to pull the exhaled vapor out of the parrot's vicinity? Like face a floor fan toward the bathroom and turn on the exhaust fan? Pulling everything away from your parrot. Or crack a window (if you live away from people). We've always smoked around our dogs, with no problem, some of them enjoy the contact high and those who didn't would leave the room, it was their choice. The new dog we got was very afraid of the lighter, someone must have tormented him with one. In less than 3 months he's stopped running out of the room and will lay on the couch while we pass the pipe. Before I started growing my own, I had to use a vaporizer, because everything made me cough until I thought a lung was coming up, but my stuff's so smooth I can enjoy a pipe again, no coughing.
          Where there's a will there's a way, so just think about it, and you'll figure out how to vape and keep your parrot safe.
          Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          1- 60w cfl for germination
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
          Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
          Seeds:
          Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
          Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
          Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
          Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

To clarify! I’m not trying to get my cockatiel high! :’D Trying to get your pet high is animal abuse.
            But Yeah parrots are sensitive to many things so vaping near them isn’t a good idea, just in case.

One of my birds has a habit to hang out and chill on my shoulder or just near me when I’m smoking, whether it’s a cigarette or a joint.
            DoctorJohnson probably :’D
            First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X