Slow growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow growth

Totally new to the game here first grow ever.
    4 blue cheese fems not autos.
    my setup is a 5x5x6 grow tent in a outdoor building.
    600w morsen led
    on 18/6
    Plants are in 5 gal smart pots
    Organic soil mix.
    Small desk fan for airflow in tent
    6" exhaust fan with temp control
    Small space heater in tent it's been cold here

Temp is at 69-79 range
    Humidity is avg 45

I planted my seeds directly into the smart pots on 4-10
    Sprouted 3 days later had my light a little high at first but have it a lot 16" now and vertical growth has stopped.

My only issues is I have been following and reading several others grows and at 10 days there plants are monsters compared to mine. Plants look and seem healthy to me am I doing something wrong?

45 humidity seems low for a seedling. Since they are not fully rooted yet, they need to drink water from the air through the leaves. I would raise the humidity to at least 70%. Just my 2 cents. She looks beautiful though. Cheers
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• fwril
      fwril commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'm kinda at the mecy of the weather on humidity. Have a small water bowl infont of the heater to help out. Don't have a humidifier 😓

Dont rush it. The most important thing is that its healthy. ✌
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

The giveaway is how long the stalks have stretched, a sure sign that they are not getting enough light. (It's especially visible in that last photo.) Move the light much closer.

Comment

Light too high definitely, and I know you said organic soil, but what exactly is it? Soil looks like it has a bunch of bark or something in it and only a couple pebbles of perlite.... Being a first grow, you will need to be extremely careful not to over water in that big of a pot for a seedling, it looks like a ring of moist soil around the seedling??

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
          DoctorJohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that soil looked a little iffy to me as well--more like the $1.99/cubic foot woody stuff they sell at the hardware store than premium cannabis soil.

Hello fwril, you might could do your seedlings for a week or two ,with cfls, get them going good first, and then use your Led.
        All you need is one cfl, about 2inches away, and she will go to growing.
        Good luck.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
          Hello fwril, you might could do your seedlings for a week or two ,with cfls, get them going good first, and then use your Led.
          All you need is one cfl, about 2inches away, and she will go to growing.
          Good luck.
          That's a good point. No point is paying for a kilowatt when a dozen watts will do.

Comment

You're in a big pot. It's going to take time to grow and fill out the root system. That's what you want for early seedlings and that's why most people start on solo cups or smaller pots. The soil doesn't look all that great and don't know if the dark ring is where you're watering but it should be closer to the plant if you're trying to water. Half to a whole cup should do. Cfl is a great idea you don't need much light to start. It's all about building a root zone for that big pot. Once it's comfy it will take off like a weed.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

I agree with the responses above. Last year was my first time growing without any transplants and the growth was slower at first but it sped up just fine after a couple of weeks. Search GWE and you'll find an article explaining why. I also was wondering about the soil and perlite. Cannabis needs a high quality soil and most growers mix 20-30% perlite for good drainage. I would like to see a picture zoomed out too. It looks to me like the soil level in the containers is too low but it's hard to tell by the pictures posted. You should fill the containers close to the top but leave a little bit so watering doesn't spill. You want plenty of soil for the roots plus leaving lots of space can cause issues. GL!
              4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X