Please help twisted sugar leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help twisted sugar leaves

Hey everyone just curious if anyone knows what causes twisted leaves I’m currently on day 25 of flower and use fox farm trio and some advanced nutrients bud candy and cal mag in a 7gal geopot pot with bushdoctor coco loco literally showed up over night and is just the sugar leaves

Hello Dh91, have you been checking your ph, in an out real good ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Are they dry? Fan speed? Light heat wind bugs ph could all be factors.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        No bugs, haven’t gotten them wet, maybe the light and heat but nothing on the very top is affected but I did raise the light to 18in today from 12in, the fans the same as usual

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        You did open them up quite a bit so air flow will be significantly increased. If it's possible you can probably lower fan speed then what you're accustomed to. Forget what light you're using but good call to raise it a bit. Keep an eye on it check ph when possible.

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t go any lower on the fan and nothing blows at the plant directly so I’m guessing it’s probably a ph issues or possibly molybdenum deficiency

I didn’t check the last one ph runoff I was in a hurry for 420 weekend I did ph the food to what I normally do and nothing has changed, it could be a ph or humidity issue the humidity was a little high but it’s only the sugar leaves towards the top but not the very top of the cola leaves, could just be a genetic thing or possibly the leaves are too heavy from the trichomes already I’m kinda at a lost won’t know the ph till next feed which is Friday or should I scoop some soil and test it? Not really sure how to do that though

Comment

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking boron possibly or even molybdenum deficiency

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Leaning towards molybdenum

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        To test the soil you would do a "slurry test" (can get kits, but I don't think it is required)

Are the twisted leaves the only symptom? Any tip burn? Do you know EC or PPM?

Similar happened to me and was my tent RH too dry.
      Current Grow
      Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        So it’s too dry?

Hard to tell since I dont know your RH now. Get a RH meter and check it out. What is the tempature on your grow?
      Current Grow
      Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Mine was too low humidity. Still strugling since I havent get a humidifier big enough. I just put some wet towers on my temt amd I spray my walls twice a day to keep it at least 50% humidity or so.
      Current Grow

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        What plant symptoms did you have as a result of low RH?

I suspect both of you are experiencing issues caused by EC being too high. Twisted leaves are a leading indicator of high EC. It is correlated to RH, because high EC limits the amount that plants can drink and they need to drink more when it is dry. If it is hard to keep climate humid enough you should lower inflow EC

Hey Deadhead, dont worry about it ! Let me ask you a question......do they straighten out after a few weeks? I bet they do. Ive had leaves twist like that before. I didnt know what to do and since it wasnt a big deal I thought id wait and see what happens. After awhile they all straighten out like regular leaves. If they dont who cares. You have 4 to 5 more weeks, youll make it, a twisted leave isn't going to hurt anything! Dont do anything different trust me.
      Looks like you need more light though.

Comment

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I do need more light like a 1000watts more of light lol

Dutchman1 So the ph was good and the humidity fluctuated a little bit for a few days but I don’t think enough for it to be like that so idk what caused it then at all just super confused now so I’m going to take your advice and wait. Could bud candy cause something like this?

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im not that knowledgeable to be able to tell you for sure what it is. There should be someone else on here who can. All I know is Ive had it happen to several of my plants over the years and they either straighten themselves out over time or I harvested them and it made no difference. The leaves on mine always looked normal other than being twisted though if that helps.

• Deadhead91
        Deadhead91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Could an expired microbe brew cause it noticed it was expired by 2months but I’ve been using it since it expired though?

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X