Brown and yellow spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown and yellow spots

What's up GWE? Need a little help with one of my plants. I've had problems with this one since the beginning. First she was heat stressed and got her under control, now doing about the same thing I think but only this one same set up and everything. The other 2 are great got a few pics for you to see thanks.

That is calcium defficiency. Add some calmag amd check your soil ph. It should be 6.0 to 7 no more. To avoid nutes lock up.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, Looks like Cal deficiency to me too.
      Rather than soil pH, I would advise worrying about the pH of the water/nutrient solution moving through the soil.

Trimmings426 I am curious about your soil/medium. What are you growing in? Also, what nutrients are you providing? If you know inflow and run-off pH values, that would help too, but adding Cal/Mag and verifying pH as strainsgrow suggests should resolve this issue

There are a few little spots, but me, I wouldn't worry about 'em too much unless they get worse. Those plants look healthy.

But yeah, some cal/mag might be a good idea, especially if you are growing in RO or naturally very soft water.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with Doc on this. Doesn't look like deficiency to me but calmag won't hurt a bit. Pests?? I wouldn't sweat it unless it gets worse. They do look healthy. Maybe nute splatter from watering? Keep an eye on it add calmag if you're not using it, you should be fine.

Agree with Doc
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

> Pests?
      That thought had occurred to me too, Chefbjy. If any more of those spots appear, you might want to look (very closely) under the leaves...

Comment

Thanks for all yours input and feedback.i do have Calimagic and I'll start using it with my next feeding. As for my soil, I'm growing in FFOF and only on week 2 as of today since I transplanted into air POTS the soil should still have at least 2 more weeks of fert. remaining before need to start adding the FF Organic Soil Trio going by what I've read. I am however adding 5ml. Clean Kelp Seaweed Extract with every feeding. And since it was brought up I will check u underneath the leaves for pests thanks for that idea. If their are pests I've already purchased some Garden Safe Neem Oil for that problem. Today is the first day of week 4 since they sprouted and doing a LST METHOD combined with MANIFOLD METHOD, Strain is Northern Lights Feminized and checked today T growth tips and have already found pre flowers on all 3 girls so it's confirmed all 3 are female. Thanks again. Oh my pH going in is 6.5 and runoff is same 6.5. I have checked the soil with a pH probe 3 in 1 and it reads li,e 7.2, 7.3 but like I said my runoff is 6.5 same as going in. Probe was cheap so it maybe off, the manufacturer name is Healthy Wiser

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Those 3 in 1 probes are pretty useless. Measuring in and out is adequate. If you want to really know the pH within the media you'd have to do a slurry test. But again, in and out is fine and 6.5 isn't a problem. Also shouldn't be having any Cal issues so I'd lean towards one of Chefbjy 's theories.
          It also isn't a problem unless it is spreading!

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Camp... I appreciate it.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Even if using a hot soil like ffof it won't hurt to give it calmag supplements. Kelp is great and when paired with humic acids it will make your plants more resistent to heat stress. Even in fresh ffof( which is what I use) I use supplements every other watering.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X