CFL wattage help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFL wattage help

I'm running a closet setup with CFLs. I read that I need up to 250W. If I use 100 watt bulbs with consumption of 23W per bulb do i need to achieve up to 250W with the 100W power, or 23W consumption rating? I only ask due to how LEDs work and wondering if CFL has the same power issue. I'm using 8x100w 5k daylight, 1600 lumens (12,800 total)
    Am I running 800W or 184w?

Strain unknown
    promix soil (promote added 10% extra)
    54 days into veg from seed
    topped 3x, LST performed
    stem to top 18"
    light distance 4-8cm
    flipping switch soon.
    first time grow in 2x2x5
    plant has shown shock signs at first topping, growth slowed twice now. Recovering better after each trim/topping. Mild K deficiency, don't know how to correct. Nitro defi on first 2 main fan leaves and slight on next set up. Plant shows abnormalities (3 shoots on a few leaves, one has 10, some are rounded I think I FIMd those ones possibly.
    foliar spray used at full dose began 10 days ago, good response but not addressing edge burn on a few fan leaves. Suggestions?
    Thanks, hopefully someone can guide my ass.

Yeah, to get 250W you need about 11 bulbs. When listed like that in guidelines it is always the wattage that the light pulls from the outlet, so 23W
    You are running 8x23W bulbs = 184W total

RE everything else... got pics?

Comment

Comment

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Matty, you can grow the piss out of some pot with cfls, many people use them great results right here on GWE.
          It just takes alot of them, and they need to be within 2inches of your plants, Good Luck with your crop.

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Howdy Matty420, Like D.A.A.S.69 said, I am running four 55 watt (actual, 250 watt equivalent) bulbs for each reservoir for a total of 220 watts. I have had up to five plants growing in the reservoirs at a time and have had reasonable results. I use two bulbs at 2700° K and two at 5000° K in each set up.

I run 15 23watts cfls in my veg closet, i mostly use daylight bulbs but have a few 2700k bulbs so my plants don't go threw any shock switching to hps an LED light for flowering.. you always go by the true Watts with lights..

Comment

9 or 10 23-watts will do the job for one plant if you don't let it get too big, but you can certainly add more! BTW, LED light bulbs are the more up-to-date technology. Both work fine.

Comment

• Matty420
            Matty420 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's roughly 18" from stem base to top, how much more height should I expect through bloom? I've trained it somewhat flat after topping so it has a nice overall surface but some growths are lower than others so whatever's closest seems to grow faster. I should probably train the higher branches down I'm thinking.

I added 2 60w (19w 2700k cool white) last night, I have 2 splitters in the center so each has a 100w and 60w paired. Being this close to bloom, do i need to add more to get to 250 or is that 180 range just as good?

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
            Trichomefarmer88 commented
            Editing a comment
            For flowering you really want as much Watts as you can on them girls! The less Watts you have the smaller your buds will be.. try to add as much as you can! Double them all if you can! An for flowering you really want to get more redish light ( 2700k works great)

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Matty420, if I remember right 40-50watts a square ft. will get the job done fine. Of course more might better for flowering. Good Luck with them.

Marty420 go to "1,000 bulbs.com" for cfl's the have one = to 400 watt MH, HPS (only uses 100 watt)- self ballast - and take reqular mogel ($25..-50)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X