Flowering stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering stage

Hi all, this is my very first grow and my question is, when do I start using a higher P.K. fertilizer and a lower nitro. fertilizer. I'm growing a single Bubble Gum auto and the plant is 3.5 weeks old, and I've had pistils for about a week now. She seems to be very healthy, green, and bushy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Starts
    04-21-2018
    Ends
    04-22-2018

What are you using for fertilizer? The manufacturer usually has a recommended schedule. (And you can contact them at their websites.) Or look at Nebula's articles here at GWE.

To answer your question, most regimens seem to taper off on N and increase P & K as flowering progresses, but do let it get through the stretch first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Dr. I quess my actual question is, when does the flowering stage start? Is it when there are visible pistils, or is is when there are actual buds forming. The directions, and all that I've read says "When the flowering stage begins". Well when is that exactly? So that's what I'm wondering. What says you good Dr.? Oh by the way I was using Fox Farm trio nutrients, but I didn't see much difference so I started making my own organic teas using horse manure, cold pressed kelp, blood meal, bone meal, worm castings, and molasses. And the plant loves it, very noticeable difference.
      Last edited by Greenleaf; 04-22-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hey Doctor Johnson, thanks for the tip. I found the area here on Nebulas site and it made more sense to me, and I think I've got it now. ( well at least to my question anyway).

Comment

Flowering stage starts when pistils are first visible, IMO. Some people consider the 12/12 flip day as flower start day but of course autos have no 12/12 flip day
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Hello all, I'm just throwing this question out there to see if I can get any type of resolve to my issue. This is my first grow so I'm not exactly sure what to look for, I've read a ton of info. but I'm still not sure. I'm growing a single plant, its a Bubble Gum auto from I Love Growing Marijuana. It sprouted on March 28th, and today is May 3rd. Its a total of 38 days old. Its very healthy, there are at least 15 or so thick branches, it looks like it was topped and filmed,, but it was not. Its about 14 inches in height , and 18 inches wide. I counted 12 tops where I'm assuming the flowers will sprout from. Here's my problem, I thought that I'd have some buds forming already, but none yet. There's a ton of pistils, and calexs too. I'm not doing the 12/12 light because its not needed for autos. I'm leaving the 600 actual watt L.E.D.light on 24 hrs. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for an auto, or is there a way to know if its maybe a photo sensitive plant. What's the longest time an auto will veg. before it starts to flower? I'd really appreciate any help on the matter. Thanks.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello Greenleaf, Sounds to me like she is flowering nicely, with more pistils everyday.
              Hard to answer ,without looking at pictures, have you got any ?

Hi D.A.A.S.69, my tablet craped out, sorry I haven't replied until now. Well as of today this what she looks like. Lots of buds I'd say.

Comment

I believe its been flowering for about 3 weeks now? Any comments? Its a Bubble Gum auto, but I'm not sure exactly when she started to flower.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X