Help!!! Trichomes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!! Trichomes???

Wife getting antsy....we have both read and re read about the trichomes, niether one of us know exactly what the hell we are looking at or for...she thinks it's ready because of what she is reading...I think it still needs to go because of the white hairs, she says what she has read depending on the strain the hairs don't matter.... Are we clear or cloudy??? She wants the energetic high...not the couch locked fall asleep. Strain is my blackberry auto... Let me know what you would do.....

Hey Pyro,

Tell the wife to relax lol That plant is not even close to ready. Yes, they are trichomes but they're on the leaves and not the buds. You still don't have buds. Looks like you're on the beginning of flowering still. Those white pistils (white hairs) are your buds in a very young stage. Give it a few weeks and you're see ton of nuggets. That plant looks super healthy! I feel your wife pain as well lol. I get desperate too. Also for that euphoric energetic high she's looking for. Make sure you buy Sativa dominant seeds. This is what I grow as I prefer that high too. You need to train them well to keep them short but it's worth it! I use the Scrog technique. Good Luck!
    Last edited by strainsgrow; 04-19-2018, 08:36 PM.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

I agree with strainsgrow; they're not ready yet. Patience, grasshopper.......

Have you read the articles here on the GWE website? They are very helpful.
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/make-bud...more-trichomes
      Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

Personally, I think a lot of that stuff about energetic versus couch-lock, whether relating to which strain to grow or when to harvest it, is a lot of hooey. It's POT. It gets you STONED. 8-] When I read all the BS at Leafly about "happy" versus "energetic" versus "creative" I roll my eyes and snicker (or groan).
      Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 04-19-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• strainsgrow
        strainsgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        All my friend say the same thing as you. For me Indica strains give me more of a body high cough potato feeling, no matter what strain. On the other hand whenever I smoke sativa strains is more of a head high for me, you know? I get shit done. No worries, my friends say I'm weird too lol That's why I started growing. Every body on my town only has indica. Cheers

• Pyro1711
        Pyro1711 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DoctorJohnson. Yes, those are what we have been reading, and are still confused at what we have/don't have. @strainsgrow...I believe if I'm not mistaking this blackberry was supposed to be sativa dominant...

Are there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet. I agree with both she's still in diapers, let her breathe a little more Pyro. I will say if she stays as healthy through her entire flowering, she's gonna be Amazing, keep is posted, very nice

Comment

> Yes, those are what we have been reading, and are still confused at what we have/don't have.
        A powerful magnifier (e.g. jeweler's loupe), something to steady your hand, and bright light will do the job. Just keep examining your trichs and you'll get the hang of it.

Comment

I've got a jewlers loupe 30X60 and it will do the job not to mention very cheap,however I also have a pocket microscope 60X120 and it took some getting used to but once you get the hang of it it's one of the best. Both products have a small led light on the bottom of them to aid with the lighting checkout Amazon it is fairly cheap to good luck you'll figure it out.

Comment

> I also have a pocket microscope 60X120 and it took some getting used to but once you get the hang of it it's one of the best.
            Oh yeah? Now I want one! Trichomes are really trippy little guys to look at--the tiny resin men who formed on the leaf to get you high. (And with that comment it becomes clear that I have had a good 420. I hope y'all did too!

Comment

Hell, a good camera on a phone will do. I start worrying about it when I see big amber patch on the sugar leaves. Don't even need a magnifier to see that. Obviously watch each strain differently
              "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
              5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
              600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
              Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
              400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
              ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
              13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

I keep watching my little nugget tree.... I really need to get a jewlers loup because I can't tell if these are clear or milky... My wife keeps talking to it telling it to hurry up...it smells really good, you do catch a somewhat fruity scent to it. How much longer do you think I have?

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely closer than your first post! Might even be able to start the flush soon! What day is it for her?

We'd need a jeweler's loupe too.

Comment

• Pyro1711
                  Pyro1711 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just ordered one off Amazon....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X