DWC/Screen of green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWC/Screen of green

Does anyone out ther do SCROG with DWC? I’m trying to get my mind around how to do it. I’m in a 4x4x80 tent. My concern is nutrient solution changing. I am using a 3.5 gal. Bubble Boy reservoir that I slide the lid to the side and pump out the old and pump in the new nutrients each week. The pump I use is about 24” long and battery operated.

If if anyone is doing SCROG in a similar set up, please explain how you do your solution changes.

Thanks all.

I have been thinking about this myself.. I grow using scrog method for about a year maybe now but with soil.. an I just started my first dwc grow.. I have my dwc buckets in my veg closet now an will be putting them in my flower tent in three weeks are so when my two big plants are done.. I was thinking about making a little screen to attach it to the top of my buckets some how so I can just keep doing my water change the same..

Comment

I’m considering covering the entire 4x4 area. That is why I’ asking around.

Comment

Looks like I’m having a typo day. :-(

Comment

I don't think technically I do scrog but I do use a net like one. My net is just high enough to sit under and move the lids over to check and change out. I use a pond pump to do change outs.
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
          5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
          Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
          400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
          ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
          13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Not what you're asking, but I've got to say that a 3.5 gallon reservoir is probably too small if you are interested in giving your plant plenty of room to grow and more importantly having stable pH and nutrient levels. I think a 5 gallon reservoir is the bare minimum. Six is better, and someday I'm going to go with 10.

Comment

Will I know it's hard enough with soil grows doing scrog are the plants flowing an going you can't move it much at all until it's done, then most times my buds are to big an dense so I have to cut the strings out an re tie them later... Pain but really works for me as far as my yeilds go... Just not sure how it will work with my 5 gal buckets... My screen is build into my tent 3.5 fooot by 3.5 foot.. so with my hydro buckets I won't be able to pull the buds out of the screen once a week to change the water... Just won't work.. but.. if the screens built into the Lid.. I feel would be better cause it makes the screen as mobile with the lid..... Yeah?? Lol

Comment

The scrog frame instructions I posted in my grow journal yesterday were an attempt at trying to make changeouts a bit easier. Its my 1st grow and I have 1 plant in a 10 gal tote. I have a second tote and was planning to slide the scrog net up along with the lid and plant and simply swap out the reservoirs (fresh water and nutes in the extra one)... planning on making a midweek change tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.
                Instagram: @farmerjim420
                What is VPD?
                diygrowdata.com

Completed:
                #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
                Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
                In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
                In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
                • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
                • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
                • #diyrdwc
                • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

I scrog in dwc I have done 2 posts about it u might be able to fine the info u need by doing a search I has to build an external res and recurculating system because u cannot move the bucket in flow there is so much presser between the net and pot. If u scrog right.
                  It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Having never done DWC I know jack about it. With that being said, could you drill a hole in the near corner of the tote lid large enough to slip in a pump or hose to do your chores,and then if need be put a cork in it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X