Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 plants, same strain, odd behavior in only 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 plants, same strain, odd behavior in only 1.

This is really not an urgent urgency, just more so a curiosity thing and hopefully not any cause for concern. I hope it's ok to post it here, this is my first grow, and this plant is just acting weird. I started this grow with seeds from a supplier I found locally (in the US). I bought a pack of 5 Diesel seeds and got 2 to germinate (first time grow, split the difference and tried 2 different methods. 1 worked the other did not) and produce the plants I have submitted photos of. One of these plants is growing exactly how I've read and researched it said it would. I have main-lined, and bent down branches to so it grows in nice short bushy shape. I am using an LED light that recommends 2 feet between it and the plants and i regularly measure and adjust height as needed. I am using a 5-gallon DWC with top fed drip setup, flora trio nutrients, hydrogard as well, per directions. The pH is fairly consistent, day to day it is usually ~6.0 in both tanks. Humidity and temp are also fairly consistant, 45%-50% at 75*, with some varitation of ~2-5 in either measure. Basically, i have aimed to provide near as ideal an environment for my plants as possible. They are on 24-0 hours light and about 7 weeks old as of today. My concern and curiosity is that one plant is, again, growing exactly as i expected it to, the other plant is throwing out shiny 3 and single finger leaves with strange serrations, and appears to be budding, even under 24 hr light, and is not an autoflower. The budding is rather heavy in my opinion, as this plant is 7 weeks old and still in veg stage, and has never seen 12 hours of darkness. Could anyone shed some insight on to what i'm seeing happen here? I kinda wanna see it through just for the sake of experience, but my main concern is that when i actually do go to switch to 12-12 (planning on doing this tomorrow) i don't want it going hermie and pollinating my healthy girl, even though this plant hasn't endured any stressors that the other one hasn't.

Are you positive that's not an auto? Autos will bud no matter what light regime you are on and that is clearly budding. Looks l like you got some preflowers in pic1 as well. Maybe the supplier accidentally mixed up a seed or 2? I'm sure someone else will chime in but looks like an auto to me.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• sm0k3d0ggyd0g
      sm0k3d0ggyd0g commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't say for sure that they aren't autoflowering. I didn't buy autoflowers, but like you said it's possible there was a mix up. if i would have known it was an autoflower i would not have attempted to mainline it haha. Plant 1 shows preflowers common with what i've read that a 'mature plant' will throw off a pair of pistils near each node, it's not doing any more than that, and she's popping out new leaves every day and additionally they are all 5 fingers. Pic 2 is def budding like you said. Hopefully it was just a mix up and it's not flowering due to some kind of stress. I don't see any bananas or hermie pods so i switched to 12/12 today and i'm gonna ride it out n hope i don't get a bunch of seedy buds in either plant, if it was possible i would segregate them. But I thought auto flowers started flowering around week 3? These are 7 weeks, and the one that is budding started shooting out more pistils around week 5. Regardless, her resin and sent is what i would expect from the diesel strain and i can't wait to smoke these ladies.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Could have been the mainline that paused the flowering time. Good luck and happy growing.

Yeah defo flowering on both . Why the 24-0 and not 18-6?

Comment

• sm0k3d0ggyd0g
      sm0k3d0ggyd0g commented
      Editing a comment
      Wanted a faster veg growth so i went with 24/0, based on some reading and what i've been told by another dude i know who grows in my area 24/0 from seed shaves bout a week off your veg time

Thanks for your input folks

Comment

• DurbanBoy
      DurbanBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      NP, post back with the pictures of them in a few weeks, interested to see how they came out.

Here's an update on these ladies, 1 week into flowering and they seem to both be doing exactly what i expect them to do. the smaller, what i thought was stunted, and stubborn one which inspired this post is starting to stretch upward. They both are doing great near as i can figure and there is no sign of any hermie or stress related BS. I check them daily, and i will post my completed journal after I harvest.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello smok3, nice looking plants, but the short one might need opening up a little, by removing a few leaves ,so she can catch a good breeze.
      Good Luck with your plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X