Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watercuring

Hi!

I did a watercuring because i was afraid i didnt flush enought, i flushed only 8 days before i cut but i used Royal Flush and the drain water was just a little bit yellow but very light but just in case i did watercuring in tap water for 7 days, changed the water everyday, it was in dark place and i put in pan with vegetables basket to the top for keep the buds under water and to have some air, the water had never been very yellow or brown, it was just a bit yellowish during the 2 to 4 days but after it was clear, then i used food dehydrator at lowest temperature 90°, it took long time before it gets dry, almost 20hours, and the result is a awful taste Its white widow but it taste very bad ( i vaporize).

I really dont know why? Its because i used tap water?
    The watercuring was suppose to remove all the chlorophyll and nuts and my water had never been brown or dark yellow, and it was very clear to the end, so what can cause this taste?

Thanks

Fujihiro, use of a food dehydrator is why your buds taste bad. When you water cure you should still air-dry at room temperature on a rack after the cure.
    Space for Rent.

Comment

Damn it Im so pissed i just ruined all.... I have readen lot of stuff and it says that because the buds are really wet if you air dry there is too much risk of molds.

So i guess all people who are using food dehydrator have the same result? But why they use it

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        When I water cured my Green Crack last grow I just use screens and racks to air dry afterwards and had them in jars in 3-4 days. Truthfully the taste of it was somewhat lacking but wasn't horrible just not yummy I would have no idea why peeps would speed dry buds with a dehydrator it's a big nono in my book.

I didnt want speed the process, i was afraid to have molds because it was full of water I hope in few weeks maybe some taste will come back but i dont really think so....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X