Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need an experienced eye for a second opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need an experienced eye for a second opinion.

Hey fam. I'm coming up on harvest time in a few weeks and I want to do a proper flush. I don't want to hurt my yields by beginning too early. My goal is to harvest when some of the artichokes have actually turned Amber because of the anti anxiety effect. I'm growing in coco so I would like to flush for at least a week. These plants are autos and the breeder says 75-80 days is it's comprehensive lifecycle. Today is day 55, but these plants seem like they aren't going to quite be done by then and may need a week or more longer. I am planning to begin flushing when the trichs have all turned milky, but if anyone with more experience wants to weigh in I sure could use a little advice.
    Attached Files

LOL @ artichokes! 🤣 gotta love autocorrect! 😁

Comment

Hey man. In my opinion that plant has another month before harvest. When you check trichomes you gotta check calyx trichomes. Not the ones on the leaves. In a few weeks you’ll see those white hairs going brown and calyxes fatten up and the bud gets dense. Patience my friend. The hardest part

Comment

9fingerleafs hey thank you a lot man. That's exactly what I wanted to know. It's not that I'm short on patience, its just that i want to get the timing just right.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          you are very welcome. keep us posted, we all love pics

Almost all strains look almost ready to smoke when you should chop. It will have this orange hair, white plastic frost look to it and that's a good time to start the flush.

Your hairs will all turn turn color and that's a good indicator of the harvest window. Just as an easy visual check.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X