Lost air to DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost air to DWC

Doing my first DWC . I had a airhose come off the pump and have a sick plant. I when I found the issue I washed the rootsbin clesn water and changed the nutrient water then replaced the plant.
    the plant still looks weak and wilted.
    Any other knolage would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Donnie

Photo? Often times "weak and wilted" plants in DWC aren't getting enough oxygen to the roots. Is it a seedling in rock wool by any chance? Overwet rock wool can form a smothering blanket around the roots. If so, gently pull it away and let the roots sit in just hydroton or whatever media you are using.

If your plant is not in rock wool but has just been in still water with no circulation, reconnecting the hose should help. Act fast, though.

Comment

Please be careful how you handle your hose in the future.

Comment

DKN, haha! Still got jokes!

Alright cowboy,
        You already know why the plants are fkd up with the air hose coming off the pump. Same effect as big-time overwatering in media.
        Get the bubbles going and your system running properly. The plants will shock, Wilt , and look like overall shit for a couple weeks but new growth will be nice and normal. Don't mess with them. You will cause more stress and harm. If they have ANY life, they will grow. If they fall over and shrivel up... Start over.

Yeah, been there a couple times damn near losing an entire run of seedlings, young veggers over air pump issues. Good luck

Comment

Thank you for the input. Sounds like I taken the right steps , now time will tell.

Comment

Comment

how old is your plant?? any pics? if its a seedling make sure you drop your water level an inch and a half below the net pots and make the roots chase it.

dontknownuttin 111? (i ate the roach)
              Instagram: @farmerjim420
              What is VPD?
              diygrowdata.com

Completed:
              #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
              Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
              In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
              In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
              • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
              • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
              • #diyrdwc
              • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X