phosphorus issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phosphorus issue?

Good morning all. I've been struggling to get my plants healthy for a couple weeks now, thought it might be time to post here.
    Setup: bubbleponics style top fed dwc. with coco as a medium
    Light: 300 W led
    Environment: slightly colder than perfect specs, between 60 and 68 degrees, and 70% RH on average. 3x3 tent.
    I'vs been trying to remediate the spots that have been developing on my lower leaves. Originally, with some help of some kind folks here, we diagnosed it as a cal/mag issue, and I've added the necessary supplement for the past 2 weeks. While I was checking on them yesterday, I noticed some of the leaves had become very brittle and were breaking off. Going through the symptom checker here has me thinking I may really have a phosphorus deficiency. What could I do to help remedy this situation? Pictures attached.

Thank you all in advance!

Strange.
    Attached Files

As a follow up on their environment, let me describe my typical practices:
    The plants are flushed once a week with new water+nutrient solution following Nebula's hydro nutrient schedule, including calimagic
    The pH has been maintained in the 5.5-6.5 range for their entire life, checked regularly, if not daily.
    I have had the water pump off for the past two weeks, because I've been afraid I was overwatering them, and it was causing a the phosphorus problem.

I hope this extra info makes diagnosing and suggesting solutions a little simpler for you.

Thanks again!

S.

Comment

I'm 1 month into my first grow ever (also DWC) so certainly not a veteran but looks like a Ca deficiency to me...

Here's a nice pH writeup that shows the pH ranges each nutrients thrive in. If you're pH is leaning more on the <6.0 side and you are not using a CalMag supplement then that's likely your issue (says the newbie)...

What nutrients and supplements are you using?

farmerjim
      Instagram: @farmerjim420
      What is VPD?
      diygrowdata.com

Completed:
      #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
      Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
      In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
      In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
      • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
      • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
      • #diyrdwc
      • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X