Nutrient ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient ?

How's it going? Got a ? About the use of calimagic/ cal-mag. I just transplanted my younglings into ffof soil 3 days ago. Since soil is self feeding nutes to my kids at this time, should I wait till I begin to use liquid nutes to start the cal-mag or would it be okay to go ahead? I'm already using clean kelp sea weed extract every other watering 5ml. Per gal. Of water

FFOF is a rich, premium soil, so it should have everything you need to get started.
    How hard is your water (i.e. how much Ca/Mg in your water)? High PPMs from the tap and/or high pH should mean you have a lot of minerals in your water so you might be OK. (You can check with your water utility's website too.)
    If your water is soft, then adding some CALiMAGic could help, maybe 2.5 ml/gallon (about 200 PPM).
    Ca and Mg deficiencies are pretty easy to diagnose and correct, so it's not a super critical concern (to me anyway).

Comment

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      Should I have a ppm, tds, ec testing meter for soil grows been searchin online to see if it's necessary don't know much about the ppm etc...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X