"Just" root rot...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Just" root rot...??

I had to be away at work for an extra week and missed my weekly water change and checkup.

When I got back they weren't looking so good; and there was some green slime in the reservoir and on the roots... The N Lights looks really bad. The Blueberry looks stunted and struggling, but maybe has a chance?

My specs looked good: PH=6; temp=77; hum=47; water temp=66...

My last nutrient change (14 days ago):

DAY Date GH Flora A GH Flora B CaliMag HydroGuard
    25 (7 days) 3/28 20 (6.6/gal) 15 (5/gal) 7.5 (2.5/gal) 6 (2/gal)

My nutrient change (today)
    DAY 40 (using GH FloraDuo system)
    GH Flora A/B 6.6m/gal / 10m/gal
    CaliMag 2.5ml/gal
    FloraShield 2 TB/gal
    Armor Si 2.5ml/gal

I think another part of my problem is that my MaxBloom x4 LED (200W actual power) light was only on half power and didn't have much of the red spectrum turned on; plus at 23" it may have been a bit too far away.

So I don't think they were getting enough light from above; and they were being slimed from below.

I cleaned everything out real good with hydrogen peroxide, rinsed their roots and media with GH FloraShield, replaced all of my air hose lines with new black ones, replaced the air stones with bigger ones to make it extra bubbly, lowered the light a couple of inches and turned up the red portion of the light.

I also trimmed off some of the dead looking leaves and did some very minor LST. And I worked again on plugging as many light holes as possible.

Any ideas? Am I missing something? Is this salvageable? I don't have high expectations (haha) but would at least like to see this through.

The BlueBerry didn't have as much of the green on it as the N Lights... Maybe it'll still amount to something??

Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated. I only have a few hours tomorrow morning to make any changes for the next 10-12 days...

Commencing countdown, engines on...
    -------------------------------------------
    Tent: 3x3x6
    DWC w/ Top Feed: 3 gallons
    Autos: (1) N Lights and (1) Blueberry
    MaxBloom 400w LED w/ COBs
    Probe Chiller; Auto Ph
    GH FloraDuo, CaliMag, Armor Si, FloraShield
    GH Liquid KoolBloom, Diamond Nectar

Ground Control to MajorTom, (sorry, I just could not resist any longer! lol), If there is green slime (algae) growing in the reservoir, then there must be a light leak some where. I do not know for certain, but I do not think that the Hydroguard will control the green algae, only the brown algae. Check that there are no light leaks, cover or replace any clear air line or water line tubing and seal the foil down to the lid to prevent any leaks there. I use the GH FloraShield in stead of Hydroguard, because it controls a wider range of microbes in the reservoir (2 to 3 ml per gallon), and the FloraShield will kill off the microbes in the Hydroguard as well, making it useless. The Hydroguard is a microbe that feeds on the brown algae (root rot) and using anything like H2O2 or FloraShield will render it ineffective. The FloraShield bottle warns to not use it in 'live' soils or with the 'live' organic compost 'teas'.
    Good luck with your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I started the grow without enough attention to light leaks. And it’s been something of a patchwork effort doing it with the plants in there but I’m doing my best and did at least changeout all of my clear tubing. Hoping the FloraShield can hold until my next trip back. I also put it in my backup reservoir along with some nutes this time. That algae really did a number on my plants; hopefully will see some improvement down the road.
      Commencing countdown, engines on...
      -------------------------------------------
      Tent: 3x3x6
      DWC w/ Top Feed: 3 gallons
      Autos: (1) N Lights and (1) Blueberry
      MaxBloom 400w LED w/ COBs
      Probe Chiller; Auto Ph
      GH FloraDuo, CaliMag, Armor Si, FloraShield
      GH Liquid KoolBloom, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X