Fungus Gnats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungus Gnats

Hello all......I have an issue with fungus knats. My plants are about 10 days away from harvesting...and i have spotted these pests on the sugar leaves as well as on the buds...i wouldnt say its a major infestation, but they definitely are there.

They are so small that one cannot see them with a normal 3x magnifying glass...only with the jewlers loupe.....when i do get them in focus...they all seem to be dead....it seems that they have got stuck on the trichoms of the sugar leaves and buds....

My question : how on earth do I get them off the buds....i was thinking of trying to remove them after drying and before curing.
    If i dont remove them...will they affect the smokability of the bud....mabey they add to the flavour of the smoke...

Any suggestions would be welcomed and thanking you in advance

Are you sure they are fungus gnats? they are usually big enough to see with out magnification. This late into grow I suggest getting glue boards to suck them up. Most flying pest strips work however i believe yellow colored ones work better. I always use a layer of diatomaceous earth to prevent them nasty buggers.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X