White and brown splotches on seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL White and brown splotches on seedlings

I noticed my 2 week old seedlings had white spots on its leaves about the size of the pinhead . I first thought it was white powdery mildew so I wiped the leaves and sprayed with a mixture of 2 teaspoons vinegar to a quart of water. Two days ago I noticed small brown spots where the leaves looked burnt. I moved to the lights further away but I am afraid is not the lights I could lose all these plants very quickly. I would appreciate anybody's thoughts.
    Strain: Somango
    Lights/: 2 100 watt CFL
    Started with Rapid Rooters,
    Potting Soil
    Sprouted under humidity dome and fluorescent light

I have 6 older plants about 6 feet away under 300 W LED showing no issues.

Thanks for your help

My guess would be the brown spots are from your vinegar solution. Yes vinegar is good for cleaning most things, but I wouldn't use it on plants.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147, I suspected the vinegar might be the cause of the brown spots but the initial white dots were the reason I used the spray.
      Thank you

Comment

To get rid of suspected mold one can spray their plant with a tablespoon of baking soda to a gallon of water.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I was trying to decide between a vinegar solution or baking soda. I guess I chose wrong

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's all part of the learning process.

Also the white dots, mine get them from time to time I believe from misting them with water an getting l light bleached, but my plants were already fine just be careful not to leave beeds of water on your leafs

Comment

I took a closer look using a jeweler's loupe. It turns out the stuff looks more like crystals than powder. So, I probably burned the leaves trying to kill mold that was actually crystals left over from the nutes I accidentally misted over the seedlings. Fortunately, they were very light.

Thaks all

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X