Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting, but yes i really only want to put my time into one area. Im not entirely worried about the reception of my work, i do it for myself also to asses my own understanding. Also this place is young, so maybe over time my information can transcend and become a more factually correct community compared to other forums.

One thing i am really behind on is my soil science, i really want to put some time into this. Unfurtunately books on plant biology, physiology or botany. Dont focus heavily on soil. So i think in order to develop my understanding further, i must pick up a book dedicated to soil biology.

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Just4growers is a good source, love watching his videos.

Temperature is the key reason RH is not as accurate for water loss in plants, as RH does not measure pressure difference. It measures capacity percentages.

The potential for transpiration will be different with 50% RH at 75°F compared to 50% RH at 83°F. Even though the relative humidity is unchanged, the temperature effects change the potential of fluid movement.

However, relative humidity can be used for a narrow range of temperatures. Outside a set temperature range and the RH can be thrown out the door. Saying that, you are expected to grow within a recommended range of temperatures for optimal efficiency, so the recommended RH ranges can be reliable.

I am going to update the recommended ranges for different stages of growth.

• Paracelsus
    replied
    Thanks Dan, I especially enjoyed reading your humidity tutorial section because I happen to use towels hanging around my young plants saturated with hot water and wrung out out that I change every 6 hours or so to keep humidity high in these dry winter months. It does create it own micro climate.

I read in the comments section of your article on light diffusion and intensity someone who wished to share your info. I read your reply and I understand you wanting to concentrate your efforts here at GWB. But I would encourage you to take a look at Tim Wilson’s forum called www.LogicalGardener.org

The focus there is more academic and scholarly there is not much traffic but the content and overall focus on things to do with living organic soil is full of very valuable information

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    replied
    Thanks DrPhoton
    Thoughts on these VPD charts?

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    started a topic Environment Conditions

Environment Conditions

Removed for security reasons
    Last edited by DrPhoton; 10-12-2018, 06:18 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X