decarbonization: a tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decarbonization: a tip

for decarbonization for cannabutter : most put in oven at 200-225 temp for 1 hr.. Instead of using oven - one can put cannabis into crock pot on high for 1 hr -then put on low of 3-4 hrs. (one must boil water to put in crock pot (to start) to get at correct temp - (this will be about 180-200 - use thrometer - this water's temp will remain constant for 1 hr on high - then put on low of rest of time. NO oven but get the same results., no oven . no smell. when using the "magic Butter" machine , you need to decab your cannabis first in oven

So there's water in the crockpot when you add the weed? or it should all have evaporated/be emptied?
    I thought the magic butter machine was decarbing itself...

Then there's this special tube like machine -looks similar to magic butter machine i think- called nova something that's specialized in decarb. Heard only good things about it since it's especially made for decarb. Would love to have some more feedback, from people here, on it.
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• steve
      steve commented
      Editing a comment
      once you add your butter to water with water - yes; there is water in cock pot - thought the same too about the magic butter machine - in fact really didn't like it for butter - add least 4 cups water to 1 lb of butter - all ways use more water depending on your amounts
      Last edited by steve; 04-08-2018, 12:45 PM.

here you go

{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"134555","data-size":"small"} After all the research I've done
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• Minoo96
      Minoo96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!

I got another tip. I decarb putting the weed in a vacuum “food saver” bag. Already chopped in small pieces. I seal leaving room in the bag. Then in the small remaining space in the bag I put a butter knife and then vacuum seal again. I put a pot of boiling water and throw it in there, the knife helps to sink the bag and I let it boil for 1 to 1.5 hours (usually about an ounce) then I let both cool. Once cold y just take it out and it’s ready

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I should add. No mess. Nothing to clean after

• steve
      steve commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks - good idea way - use crock pot ? boiling water on stove ?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes just a regular pot with water in the stove

No need to decarb...if making butter in crock pot.. Or machine.. It self decarbs as it's sitting in there.. This is not my opinion... Tikashared this fact with me.. and it rings true

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I do think that. I have also tried sous vide .
      I prefer slow low- warm cook on and off in crock pot . Takes longer but I've never over-decarbed my weed.
      Just my personal choice in Making 1-2 lbs of butter.

• steve
      steve commented
      Editing a comment
      some folks cock pot for hr's

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Tika intrested how did the sous vide come out?

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
    No need to decarb...if making butter in crock pot.. Or machine.. It self decarbs as it's sitting in there.. This is not my opinion... Tikashared this fact with me.. and it rings true
    can the butter be made from something other than butter?
    wifes a vegan
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Coconut oil...
      Side note.. tell your wife to be careful tho.. A lot of nutrients have animal protein in them... she could be smoking them instead of eating them..lol

• Camk
      Camk commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks ill try that see if she likes it!

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      The coconut oil I use is vegan, organic, non GMO, low taste/flavor, stores at room temperature.
      I never use any oil of any kind that requires refrigeration. If it rots at room temps, it rots in your body. Or so the saying goes.
      Commercial salad dressings are the big user of oil that rots.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X