Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcium deficiency?

Seed starter soil, not a good idea I think

Could be... Do you have any idea how much calcium is naturally present in your water? If you have hard water, Ca deficiency is less likely. If you have soft water like mine, it's more likely, but wow, if that's what it is, it sure showed up early.

Calcium deficiencies cause tiny brown spots that appear on new and middle growth. Learn how to fix this problem for good!

Comment

I was using charcoal filtered water but will go back to city crap from swamp with 7 ph and not hard, don't know what is in it. I put a little plant food in already to see if it makes a difference but don't know how long to see results.

Comment

Just to keep things simple, I'd suggest a cannabis-grade fertilizer (e.g. Advanced Nutrients or General Hydropoincs), which usually means two or three bottles, and a calcium/magnesium supplement, such as CALiMAGic. You don't need the 15-bottle megapack--save your money--just 2 or 3 bottles of NPK+micros and a Ca/Mg supplement. Use the fertilizer at half recommended strength and the Ca/Mg at full strength.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X