Specialized nutrients for DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specialized nutrients for DWC

Before I get started here, a little background. I am a reasonably successful “hobby grower”. I focus all of my efforts on one plant at a time. I’m doing DWC in a 4x4x80 tent and my last grow was all done under 600w HID MH then HPS. I’ve used nothing but GH Flora Trio nutrients supplemented with CaliMagic and HydroGuard in RO and always PH corrected to 6.0. The yield on my last Northern Lights grow from my one plant was 8 1/2 ozs. I’m pretty happy with this result. So now I’m wondering if I could do better with nutrients designed specifically for Cannabis.

Can anyone share their experiences with specifically designed nutrients intended for use in hydroponic cannabis production.

Grow well. Be well.

Not sure if other nutrients would make your buds grow bigger or make a strain yield more than it normally would.. I’m sure if there was there would be a big fuzz about it.. I’m new to growing only 4 grows under my belt. But if Nebula and Sirius use and recommend the GH trio I’m sure it’s as good as it gets. They have been growing for years and their yields are amazing from what I read and see on pics.. anyways I just finished a Northern lights grow myself. First DWC except I used two 150 watt hps and my yield was the best I have ever had. Filled 5-32oz jars and 6-16oz jars not sure how much it is but I believe in the big jars it’s an ounce or just about so I harvested about 6 oz or more maybe less. The point is I had less light same nutrients and harvested almost as much as you do the nutrients work.. it was NL from nirvana where was your strain from??

Comment

Hey BP--My hydro grow used exactly the same stuff as yours--textbook GWE DWC--and I got awesome results. My only concern (and it was non-trivial) was having to cope with serious pH shifts daily towards the end of the grow.

If I may offer an opinion, if GH FloraSeries doesn't qualify as "intended for use in hydroponic cannabis production," I don't know what does. I'll bet they've sold swimming pools-full of the stuff to us cannabis growers over the years. A lot of people have jumped in to grab a piece of the market, and there is not doubt that if you want to spend 2x, 3x, 4x as much or more on bottles with sexy graphics and names targeted at stoner boy growers, you certainly can, but my admittedly conservative take (after having hung around in a university agronomy lab) is that it's still just N, P, K, and trace elements, no matter what you call it or how much you charge for it.

I have seen enough growers sing the praises of silicon supplementation to make me curious, but the only product for hydroponics that I'd definitely like to try is the Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect products (I think they have about three different versions) because so many DWC growers agree that the pH Perfect line(s) really do/does give a more stable pH. But even then I suspect that the pH instability I was seeing was mostly due to periodic nutrient exhaustion in a too-small reservoir. I'll use a lot bigger one next time (like 10 gallons per plant--my root mass was astonishing, and just allowing enough room for that plus room for circulation argues for a bigger tank.)

If you do make a change, especially if you do some kind of controlled A/B grow with and without SuperJuice X (and please do), please post your results.
      Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 04-02-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X