Amber Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amber Question

Greetings folks....I have a question over preference. I`ve been in the habit of harvesting when my trichs are mainly cloudy and just several amber seen throughout the plant however I believe my haste is losing me a slight loss in potential bud growth but the thing that`s always confused me is this ratio of 10-20% amber trichs indicating when to harvest. So my question is this....is it roughly 10-20% over most of the colas or if seen in say in just one cola? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

alltatup...fyi

Comment

I try to harvest in stages, big ripe colas first then wait for the slackers to catch up. takes awhile sometimes but seems worth the wait.

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I did try this but I`m doing a rolling grow so ran out of space but it is a way forward. Thanks Primo

imagine all the trichomes in all your buds, thats what you are growing, so we cut them down when the biggest ammount of trichomes are ready and before they start decaying, there is no exact rule and all strains behave differently but during the last days you should be keeping an eye on those trichs comparing how fast the clear are becoming cloudy and how fast the cloudy are becoming amber. the first will be bigger during the entire grow meaning you will see trichs getting cloudy but no amber, but at the very end you will see how in a day or two that there are many more coudy going amber than clear going cloudy, at that point is not worth to keep waiting. that what i think (:

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Bril 9fingerleafs...many thanks, mate

This thread might interest you.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Great tag Danger, loved it, thanks mate

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries, it was one of the most interesting things of late.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X