Wk 6 very slow growth? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wk 6 very slow growth? Why?

Day 42 and they look healthy but such slow growth!!
    Heres what I have
    4x4x6 tent
    6” carbon exhaust
    (2) 300 watt led lights actually around like “130 watt each”
    runnging 18/6
    1 gal pots
    Fox farm starter soil
    general hydroponics flora nutrients
    cal mag
    ph at 6.2 checked today
    temp 68-78
    Humidity 30%-40%
    4 plants
    Wood stove 001
    AK-002
    Tangerine Dream -Auto
    Pineapple Express -Auto
    so it’s day 42 and tell me what you think?
    check out the pics
    Are the autos gonna be a crap yield
    and I can’t seem to figure this one out!!
    I know I’m probably forgetting to list something I’m new to
    indo growing as this is my first grow.
    thanks everyone!

One gallon pots are pretty small. You should be in at least 3 and most use 5. I use 7 gallon pots for autos outside during summer. You cant really transplant now as there in flower but some would recommend it I guess.They look dry to by the way.

Comment

Root bound already,thay could have been so much more. My 2$

Comment

So I also am curious about the lights not being strong enough because I took a pot off the plant upside down to check the roots and it’s definitely not root bound they are not that developed like not spider webbing the soil together..
        I started them in the 1 gallon pots and left them in because they never made it to a size to transplant. I have 7 gallon smart pots

Comment

Okay I just checked all 4 plants 4 or 5 days ago and very little roots it seemed.. I just checked now and they are root bound I can’t believe how fast they grew! Do you think I should transplant into the 7 gall smart pots now? Or too late?

Comment

I would transplant, it may delay slightly but I think your yield will benifit. I have transplanted on day 18 flowering with photos and it really didn't hurt. I could just tell they were much happier.
            ​​​​​

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              But these are autos.

I think I will just transplant them into the 7 gallon smart pots and just let them go to town lesson learned !!

Comment

So I got them in the 7 gal smart pots and we will see how the do!
              They were definitely root bound! Unreal root growth when you use good seeds! 😏

Comment

• XxweedsterxX
                XxweedsterxX commented
                Editing a comment
                How far away are your growlights ? And what brand of lights are you using, for me it looks like they didnt have enough light.

be aware of the intensity of the grow light. the yellow edge may indicate the burn.

Comment

They are both 300 watt hydrogrow about 20” above the tops

Comment

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That should be fine till flower.Oh wait, your in flower . So you can actually drop the light to 18 inches then. Some go lower, I dont. In your pics your plants always look like they need water to me. Droopy like, surface dry. Not that you can tell by a dry surface.
                  Last edited by Dutchman1; 04-02-2018, 02:57 PM.

Well here are the results..

i was under watering because of the smart smart pots I think... it’s the first time using them. Got that corrected.

Comment

Okay so now I have the problem of when to flip to flower!?
                  my autos are obviously in flower but when should I switch the lights from 18/6 to 12/12 for my kush 2 on the left not in flower. They are at about 8 weeks in veg but small because of the root bound issue. Any input would be appreciated!
                  at this point I kinda want to start flower and on to the next grow but have no clue how much bigger they will get flipping to flower?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                    9fingerleafs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i would wait another month to flower those little plants

• Dutchman1
                    Dutchman1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree, a month sounds about right.

• PRIMO
                    PRIMO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would run the light 24 hrs. on all of em til the autos are done cooking, giving the photos a chance to develop more.Then flip.

Just keep training them and go for colas! I’m gonna put the 2 autos in another grow box and give them 24 hr light that way the others can breathe

thanks guys

Comment

Well the autos were definitely effected by being root bound. Not so much the regular feminized plants! Still look and smell delicious!

Comment

• Dutchman1
                      Dutchman1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking good.

Root bound for sure. Im going through the same thing with a 2 gallon smart pot lol
                    Current Grow
                    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X