Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR HELP: Can't diagnose my issues

Hey all,
    My Shark Shock is about 5 weeks old, started from seed in cycopearl coco. She's been pretty healthy up until the last week and a half. I know I need to pot her up, but I want to figure out her issues first. Temps 70-80, RH is swinging from 90% to 40% since I have a humidifier in the tent that goes on 30mins every 4 hours. Feed/water has been every 3 days; pH water (6.1) with CalMag (4mL/g) twice and half-strength week1 GH trio nutes. Other than calmag I've used Great White.

For the life of me I cannot diagnose the mottling leaf edges and new tip curl. No bugs seen. May have had a Mg deficiency two weeks back but increased CalMag. RH swings? Root issues? TIA for any advice!
    3'x3'x6' tent
    450PAR (210 draw) 12-band LED
    38PAR (26draw) Red Bloom LED
    Coco in 7gal Smart Pot
    LST, topped and SCROG'd
    Gen. Hydroponics trio nutes
    Botanicare cal-mag and Sweet Raw

First Grow: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...gorilla-glue-4

When my plant looked similar to that everyone told me it was nute burn, the other thing I would assume is that looking at your plant, I would guess by it's size it is getting pretty root bound. I know you mentioned it needs to be transplanted, she might start looking a little better once you put it in it's new pot and allowing it's roots to spread more. My guess would be there are a lot of extra nutes in that solo cup? Just a thought, I'm sure others will chime in.

Comment

A bigger pot would likely solve the issue. Root problems can cause a lot of different symptoms. And you might be burning them with nutes since they really have no where to go. Put her in a bigger pot, decrease light intensity so she can get back to growing. Lay off the nutes till it recovers may need to reset itself. My 2cents.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah as Chefby, an 1711 said, bigger pots, but you know that, that's probably where your problems started, roots are choking her

I agree with everything previously said.

Comment

What about wind burn possibly my plant looked light that after I had the fan too close or too high of setting

Comment

Agree with pressing need to transplant.
          Also, plant is pretty small for its age. It would grow a lot faster with more frequent waterings. Coco with perlite can be watered daily.
          I would transplant up to a 5 gallon fabric pot and mix in at least 40% Perlite to the Coco. Then I would recommend watering everyday till run-off. But regardless, I think that transplanting is the most pressing concern.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I potted her up last night and she looks happier already this morning. Roots were certainly at edge of solo cup, but not circling yet. I'll probably wait a week and put her (and my Alien Rift clone) in their final 7gal smart pots. I'll start a grow journal soon too. Everyone's feedback and input has been super helpful here and I feel I may be getting in a bit over my head with 2 plants.
            Thanks again!
            3'x3'x6' tent
            450PAR (210 draw) 12-band LED
            38PAR (26draw) Red Bloom LED
            Coco in 7gal Smart Pot
            LST, topped and SCROG'd
            Gen. Hydroponics trio nutes
            Botanicare cal-mag and Sweet Raw

First Grow: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...gorilla-glue-4

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              I like to start mine off in 1 gallon pots move up to 3 then to 7 but solo cup is a way to speed it up a bit.

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Deadhead91 that would be perfect. In Coco I do:
              1. Pint (or solo cup)
              2. 1/2 gallon or 1 gallon
              3. 7 gallon final container

• Deadhead91
              Deadhead91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you guys going to do that next grow then

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X