Drying / trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying / trimming

Hi there, am about to harvest this weekend . It’s an outdoor grow- first time . Need some help on wet trim vs dry trim. Also drying time, and storage vacuum sealed bags vs jars .
    cheers

There's a great discussion of curing at the GWE site. Highly recommended.

Comment

I was really surprised at how much difference there was even between plants of the same strain grown in the exact same environment and dried next to each other. I would read the article above, it’s what I did and worked great for me. I do really recommend getting a hygrometer for st least one jar from each plant.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Wet trim without a doubt for me. The end product is more clean, with one part being just flowers and the other part being trims. You can use the trims to try other stuff (Cana VG for me), and smoke the flowers, because the taste of the flowers is much better than trim. I left some to be dry trimmed, to be honest I didn't trim them in the end. I end up removing the dry trim when crushing, which is annoying because i feel like i'm throwing so much out. It takes also much longer.
      Hygrometer is very useful, with the temperature on it as well! 2/3 bucks for a simple hygrometer.
      Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Landed on this post yesterday...
        Anyone tried those bags before ?

Thanks
        1,055 Likes, 8 Comments - Strainly (@strainly.io) on Instagram: “🚨GIVE AWAY 🚨 Weekly winners until 4/20! Rules below ⬇️ MANY DGBags to store your seeds, your dried…”

Comment

• Minoo96
          Minoo96 commented
          Editing a comment
          I store my buds in glass jar. Works really nice so far. Why not using those bags for seeds, yeah... But then again a simple empty match box is also very useful to store seeds... Haha

• DoctorJohnson
          DoctorJohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't get the magic bag thing. Do they have built-in Boveda packs or something? Peanut butter jars work for me... (and a Mark IV hygrometer).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X