Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW horse shit

Hey Folks

Well, it's almost time for us Canadians to start our seeds.
    MY third grow comin up
    I have learned a ton on this site.
    My today question for all is about soil?
    My garden has beautifully composted soil and horse manure. There are critters living in it of course.
    Would you think it would be feasible to mix this wirh perlite and peat for a couple of plants in my outdoor shed.
    I am not sure the ph of the soil.
    My previous grows have been regular store bought soil that I mix with perlite and feed with GH trio and ph'd water.
    For sure this potential soil will be nute rich'
    Added year old horse shit last fall along with lots of leaves and grass...my normal garden feeding. This was all tilled in last fall before the snow and freeze.
    Thanks in advance for all comments.

g

Use 40% perlite in your mix or whatever you want. I would use what you have.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Might b to hot for seeds, start them out in seed starter soil and transplant after established lol

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hah! We grow our weed tuff up here in Canada. How tuff you ask?
        So tuff it grows bark.

I remember as a kid, noticing the bright green spots of grass growing in the pasture that every animal grazed around but would not touch. I thought to myself, hmm a little shit makes it grow like crazy, but it must still taste like shit.

Comment

I think you would be fine mixing in some perlite and peat and growing in that, probably is a good idea to use something less hot to start the seeds in, like potted said. I mix composted cow and horse manure into my grow and garden beds and it works fine, the extra N is good initially, then it gets used up by flowering time when you want less of it anyway. I'm all about putting some "good shit" in my garden!
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

Thanks again everyone.
          Geittin anxious...
          Apparently, our politicians have decided Manitoba will be a no grow province.
          We'll see...I know of one guy who may have different ideas!!!

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought Manitoba is where the government has a huge underground medical mj grow.

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm... might be why they are saying no grow province? Is always about the money....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X