No announcement yet.

4th grow starting want input, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After pulling off all the weird fan leaves, I have noticed more pistils near the new growth. This morning I checked them and lo and behold, every single cluster of good leaves has a flower in the middle of it! I guess those humongous fan leaves were pulling too much away from the plant and retarding its growth. I've read reviews on this strain and people say it can have a chemical taste, I hope not. I use molasses so am hoping that will negate the chemical taste. The reviewers said it was great for sleep and pain and that sounds like what I need, so I'll mix it with something to make the chemical taste go away. Got a month or so until I find out.
    The seed I germinated sprouted so I planted it yesterday. Afghan Mass. Never had it before either, but I like to try new strains. It has made my grow space too small, I only grow 2 plants at once and now I have 3, but this one is in a 3-gal pot. I'll figure something out. I guess I'll be harvesting at different intervals once they all mature. Sure hope nothing weird happens to this plant!
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

The seed I germinated just in case the Chem Bubbly didn't make it, it has died. RIP Afghan Mass. I dug it up today after not seeing a sprout in over a week, I'm curious that way. And what I found was a dead seed.
      I'm glad that I have a selection of seeds in my fridge. I chose Kush auto/fem, to germinate. I want to try each strain at least once before I have to repeat, some strains I have more than one seed. I have a favorite already, Sweet Soma. And the one that was a mystery seed I have no clue what it is. I wish I did...made me sleep like a baby.
      Here's hoping that Kush auto/fem is a great success!
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

The Kush auto/fem was planted yesterday. I hope I see a sprout in a few days. I'm used to seeing one within 2 days, but we'll see. Digits are crossed. If this works, then I'll have to harvest one plant in about 4-5 weeks, whenever she's ready, the next one a few weeks after that, and the one that was planted yesterday in 9-10 weeks depending on how she grows.
        My signature has my dates all screwed up. Maybe I'm the one screwed up since I don't keep up with what day of the week it is, let alone what the date is. I do think it's May...LOL!
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Seeds:

Comment

I have achieved sprout! YAY!!
          Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Seeds:

Comment

The Chem Bubbly I had growing just stopped. It just stopped. The plant next to it, Shaolin Master is stretching and going crazy. Same temp, same lights, same everything, except dirt. I thought this was a 12 week plant, guess it wasn't. So, I cut it several days ago. I hung it up to dry, and today it was ready to go into the jars. I decided to try it, even though it wasn't cured yet. WOW!!!
            The descriptions I read said that it had a chemical taste, I didn't get that. Maybe it was because of the molasses, I don't know.
            I have a couple more of the seeds and will definitely grow it again, hopefully with a better yield. I got right at .5 oz wet. I'm okay with that though, that's why I grow, to see what I like and don't like and the times per plant, since not all of them grow the same, even ones of the same strain.
            I still have to wait on my Shaolin Master, have a seedling of Kush auto/fem, and have an order of Kind Soil on the way for when I'm ready to germinate another seed. My perpetual grow is coming to fruition.
            And to top it all off, my sister shared some of what she had and I found a rogue seed!! Haven't found a seed in smoke in years. Hopefully it'll produce some great smoke.
            We are going into this Memorial Day weekend with some knock you on your butt, smooth as silk, smoke.
            I hope everyone has a safe and special Memorial Day, as we remember those who gave all for our country.
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Seeds:

Comment

This has been a weird grow. One of the plants stopped growing, just stopped, so I chopped it down. I germinated another seed, it's leggy and I don't know that it's going to do anything, just waiting to see. My Shaolin Master is growing like a weed. Only after I figured out the correct nutrients to feed it, since I was used to Kind soil. Tomorrow we are hanging the shelf that holds the lights on the wall high enough for the plants to grow with just a little lst.
              I germinated a Diesel auto/fem seed but after 2 weeks nothing. RIP Diesel auto/fem. I started another seed, Sweet Soma, one of my favorite strains so far, today.
              The girls need fertilizing tomorrow, so maybe while they are in the tub draining I can look at the trichomes with the loupe and see what they look like, and hopefully in another week or so I can harvest the Shaolin Master, it's not got a lot of big tight buds, but it's good smoke. I clip off of it and smoke almost everyday and it never seems to get smaller!
              I'm ready to start another plant, so hopefully the Sweet Soma will germinate. it was my last seed of that strain.
              This grow has definitely been a huge learning experience.
              Current grow:
              2-300w led lights
              2- 5 gal fiber pots
              Seeds:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X