Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones keep dying

Hi everyone,

I have clones in my EZ Cloner that keep dying one by one. Over the last few days, my clones being about 2-3 weeks old have been systematically dying over the 3-4 days. Water is PH to 6.0, all the sprayers are working, water is a little cooler than room temperature, mother plant looks just fine. Can anyone tell me what's going on. Is there anything that I can do to get my current ones to bounce

Looks like light stress, what lights are you using ? Are you monitoring humidity and temp levels.
    Clones like to be in a specific enviroment that suits their condition, which is critical. So they must be treated like they are about to die.
    Humidity should be around 80-90% so that transpiration is low and the clone does not loose precious water which it needs while the roots are forming.
    People tend to over do it with lights, you really only need a small amount of light for clones, just enough to keep plant processes going and prevent the plant from dying. I'm talking mare watts. The plant is not wanting to grow at this time, it needs to use what energy it has into roots. Putting too much light on clones causes the plant to use up resources in photosynthesis rather on the roots.
    As the clone gets older you can allow more light and lower humidity, but knowing when and how much is key, otherwise too much too early can stress the clone too much and die.

Some of the best practice i ever had was cloning flowering plants, they take much longer to veg and so you have to keep the clone alive before it starts to look after itself.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

At two to three weeks they may have rooted and may need to be potted. Sometimes it takes longer, I hear, but my clones usually have good roots by two weeks and I plant them in solo cups (soil is my medium of choice). Clones also like it warm. Have you tried to use a heating pad, lowest setting,under the cloner?
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

At first look they seem to be root-bound. They look like they should have been replanted in a bigger pot days ago.
        Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
        4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

Wow.......

Comment

• Karlee
            Karlee commented
            Editing a comment
            Doctor those technical terms scare people!

• Green75
            Green75 commented
            Editing a comment
            There is just a better way to cut clones so they are not so lanky to begin with...that's all

Hi S32 Welcome,

Pull out one and look at the roots . they seem real tall , and was the leaves yellow on the cutting?. maybe the water isn't getting to them it's real hard to tell , in a week you should have roots growing.
          Bubblehead
          4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
          4 Cures and a Life time gardener
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

EZ cloner? why? you can acomplish the same thing with a 5 gallon fish tank and a spray bottle.

these are mine, all i use is dirt, water and a daylight cfl i don't care about humidity and getting it perfect, and ive always been fine.

hope someone can help you because i have no experience with an EZ cloner..

Comment

Just remember try to" keep it simple" and it will be easier and cost you less . - to add to other post's (E-Z clone one really doesn't need - as some one mentioned

Comment

I don't have a lot of experience with clones, but stems seem way too long and plants look top heavy. Maybe start out with smaller clones , shorter stem, and clip tips of fan leaves if necessary.

Comment

If you really want go learn how to clone plants ditch the EZ cloner and get your self a small fishtank, spray bottle and a daylight cfl or led light bulb nothing too warm to dry your clones too fast, then get some dirt, put the dirt in the tank and wet the dirt until moist but not too wet, then poke holes in the dirt with your finger and when you cut the clones try to keep the clones under 5 inches(once they start growing you'll be glad for the space) and once your clones are in the tank turn the lights on for 24hr for the first 3 days and spray them every few hours( or when you can, when they look dry, not spray every 10 mins, too much water could make the dirt very wet and too much water will rot the bottom of your clone and it will never grow roots) and after the 3rd day you can choose to continue 24 hour light or switch to 18/6, ive done both full 24 makes it grow faster, in my opinion. and after a few weeks youll notice they are growing, check for roots and if clone has good roots put in a solo cup like a seedling and theres your new plant.
                  Last edited by Wannabebotanist23; 11-23-2016, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X